Euganean thermal district for families
Nature and relaxation for the younger ones
from 380 €
6 Days / 5 Nights, 4* hotel with swimming pool
Web code IT038
Every day from 23.03 to 26.10.2019
Season 1: 23.03-19.04 and 30.09-26.10.2019
Season 2: 20.04-21.06 and 5.09-29.09.2019
Season 3: 22.06-4.09.2019
Price per person
380 € in double room, 4* hotel with swimming pool
- 5 nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast buffet
- Swimming pool entrance
- Entrance to Castello Catajo
- Entrance to labyrinth garden of Villa Barbarigo
- Entrance to Villa dei Vescovi
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (about 6 €)
- Special treatments at the hotel Spa
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
160 € single room
60 € season 2
80 € season 3
80 € Girolibero bike
190 € E-bike
160 € Family tandem
85 € child trailer
80 € child bike
15 € helmet
Additional free accessories for children on demand:
- child seat
- FollowMe-Tandem (to connect parent’s and child’s bikes)
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated on the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following table:
100% 0-8 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 9-11 years
30% 12-15 years
Day by Day
1. Individual arrival in the thermal district.
An oasis of health and wellbeing in a unique territory, surrounded by a rich natural environment and boasting an important historic-artistic heritage, coming from its Roman, medieval and Venetian past. This region is also known for a culinary tradition based on local quality products, such as oil and wine.
2. Arquà Petrarca - Monselice ( 20 km bike + 5 km walk)
You will start cycling through the so called “Valli Selvatiche” up to the 17th century Villa Barbarigo, famous for its allegorical Italian garden, where children may get lost in the labyrinth. Second stop will be Arquà Petrarca, medieval jewel where the poet Petrarca spent his last days. From here with a 30 minutes easy trek you can reach the plain of Mottolone, one of the most panoramic points of the Euganean hills. Then you will continue through the ancient city of Monselice, surrounded by medieval walls and hiding a Venetian heart. At the Buzzacarini Park children will find a small lake and a playground to have some fun before cycling back to the hotel.
3. Battaglia Terme - Pontemanco - Mezzavia - Montegrotto Terme (25 km)
In Battaglia Terme you can visit the Museum of River Navigation, which tells the story of the boatmen (the so called “barcari”) who transported goods from the Euganean hills to Venice. Along the cycle path of the Vigenzone canal you will reach the hamlet of Pontemanco with its mills. Then you will continue through Mezzavia, where the Castle of San Pelagio hosts the Air Museum with the history of the human flight, from Leonardo da Vinci to the Mongolfier brothers, to Neil Armstrong. At Montegrotto Terme you can visit the Butterfly Arc which hosts in its greenhouses butterfly collections from all over the world. Before cycling back do not miss the visit of the Catajo Castle (included).
4. Abano - Selvazzano - Padua (30/50 km)
Today’s stage is dedicated to the visit of Padua. Passing through the centre of Abano Terme you will head towards the Montecchia Castle, and afterwards you will reach the cycle path of the river Bacchiglione, which will take you directly to Padua, where you can easily spend the whole day without getting bored. In Padua we recommend the visit of the Botanical Garden, founded in 1545, the oldest university botanical garden in the world and since 1997 part of the UNESCO world heritage list. Do not miss the Basilica of St. Anthony, the famous square “Prato della Valle” and the Scrovegni Chapel, frescoed by Giotto in the Middle Ages. You can either cycle back to the hotel or take the train.
5. Praglia - Villa dei Vescovi (40 km bike + 5 km walk)
Today’s stage will let you discover the Benedictine Abbey of Praglia, an important centre at international level for ancient books restoration. Before reaching Praglia you will pass through the Biotope San Daniele, where you can have a walk along the small lakes which host colonies of turtles. You will also have the chance to visit the 16th century Villa dei Vescovi, the ultimate example of Renaissance villa in the Euganean hills. From there you can reach Mount Pirio with an easy trek on the “Terre Bianche” path (White Lands path), between vineyards and olive trees, until you get to the small church dedicated to the Alpine army forces.
6. After breakfast end of services.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 115/135 km
- Total vertical up: 350 m
- Terrain: 85% tarmac, 15% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: NO
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 4
- Total length trekking: 10 km
- Total vertical up trekking: 400 m
Four simple itineraries, all of thm quite flat with some light ups and downs. The routes are along safe cycle paths or roads with very little traffic.
How to get there
Padua thermal district is connected with the following airports:
Venice: 60 km, Treviso: 75 km, Verona: 95 km.
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We have chosen for you a wonderful resort, surrounded by the natural park of the Euganean Hills, just a few chilometres from Padua.
GALZIGNANO TERME | Spa & Golf Resort | www.galzignano.it
- Hotel Sporting
- Hotel Splendid
4* hotels with inner restaurant, thermal pools, SPA, wellness centre, golf course and tennis club.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a rollaway.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero’s City bikes are available in various sizes in unisex/women’s or men’s models. At the moment of booking, you can choose from the following bikes:
- City bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent children’s bikes and devices:
- Child seat: it is suitable for a maximum payload of 22 kg (0-4 yrs).
- Child trailer: with one seat and suitable for children who cannot ride a bike (0-4 yrs). The child trailer is designed for a maximum payload of 30 kg. More info on www.croozer.com.
- Follow-me tandem: a clever latch system enables the child's bike to lock firmly onto the tail of the adult bike as and when necessary (4-7 yrs). Adjustable only for the kids bike wheels size 20". The maximum weight of the child can be 27 kg. More info on www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Child bikes: bike frames with 20” and 24” wheels
- Family tandem: this is an innovative solution for cycling with one child (aged 4-12).
Please note that child seats, child trailers and follow-me tandems can only be mounted on unisex City bikes 27-gear Shimano Deore.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets for adults, suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
The Information Pack (one per room) includes:
- final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- hotel voucher to be given to the reception
- information on the cities, towns and villages of the tour
- detailed Maps of the itinerary: in colour and scaled 1:75.000/50.000, an altitude profile chart and maps of any historic city centres you would visit.
By your side
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
6 Client reviews
Departure 19-24 August 2019
Online from 30 August 2019Il tandem family è una ottima soluzione per bambini che non possono ancora essere autonomi. L'adulto che lo guida deve essere un pò allenato perchè è un pò "pesante". Va bene fuori paese o città in quanto le manovre richiedono spazio.
Però davvero una bella soluzione per chi ha bambini tra i 5 e i 7 anni
Departure 12-17 August 2019
Online from 26 August 2019Nel complesso, una buona esperienza
Departure 13-18 July 2019
Online from 23 July 2019Very well organised.
Departure 22-27 April 2019
Online from 09 May 2019OK
Departure 22-27 April 2019
Online from 08 May 2019Il tracciato è semplice e rilassante, con tante possibilità di sosta ed approfondimento per la grande ricchezza di tesori d'arte ed attrazioni culturali: è sempre emozionante fare il proprio ingresso in città da una pista ciclabile lungo un argine o destreggiarsi tra vie e passaggi a livello ed apprezzare la semplicità e forza della bicicletta, che si muove con discrezione e libertà, ma anche con potenza e velocità.
Bicicletta è modo di essere! Bicicletta è vedere le cose da un altro punto di vista!
Departure 20-25 April 2019
Online from 08 May 2019Bel giro, rilassante e con molte occasioni di visite