Euganean thermal district for families
Nature and relaxation for the younger ones
from 380 €
6 Days / 5 Nights, 4* hotel with swimming pool
Web code IT038
Every day 27.03 - 23.10.2021
Season 1: 7.04 - 23.04 and 25.09 - 23.10.2021
Season 2: 24.04 - 14.05 and 6.09 - 24.09.2021
Season 3: 27.03 - 6.04 and 15.05 - 5.09.2021
Price per person
380 € in double room, 4* hotel with swimming pool
- 5 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Swimming pool entrance
- Wine and oil tasting in Arquà Petrarca
- Typical boat excursion in Battaglia Terme
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (about 6 €)
- Special treatments at the hotel Spa
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
160 € single room
70 € season 2
90 € season 3
Half board: 5 dinners (3-course meals), beverages not included:
135 € from 12 years
90 € 3-11 years
to be paid on site 0-2 years
Extra nights on request
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
195 € E-bike
85 € Child bike
170 € Family and Adult Tandems
Additional bike accessories on demand:
85 € child trailer
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
Free of charge: child seat and FollowMe-Tandem
50 € 3rd adult in room
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated on the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following table:
100% 0-8 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 9-11 years
30% 12-15 years
Day by Day
1. Individual arrival in the thermal district.
An oasis of health and wellbeing in a unique territory, surrounded by a rich natural environment and boasting an important historic-artistic heritage, coming from its Roman, medieval and Venetian past. This region is also known for a culinary tradition based on local quality products, such as oil and wine.
2. Arquà Petrarca - Monselice ( 20 km bike + 5 km walk)
You will start cycling through the so called “Valli Selvatiche” up to the 17th century Villa Barbarigo, famous for its allegorical Italian garden, where children may get lost in the labyrinth. Second stop will be Arquà Petrarca, medieval jewel where the poet Petrarca spent his last days. Here you will enjoy a tasting of local wine and oil. From Arquà with a 30 minutes easy trek you can reach the plain of Mottolone, one of the most panoramic points of the Euganean hills. Then you will continue through the ancient city of Monselice, surrounded by medieval walls and hiding a Venetian heart. At the Buzzacarini Park children will find a small lake and a playground to have some fun before cycling back to the hotel.
3. Battaglia Terme - Pontemanco - Mezzavia - Montegrotto Terme (25 km)
In Battaglia Terme you can visit the Museum of River Navigation, which tells the story of the boatmen (the so called “barcari”) who transported goods from the Euganean hills to Venice. Along the cycle path of the Vigenzone canal you will reach the hamlet of Pontemanco with its mills. Then you will continue through Mezzavia, where the Castle of San Pelagio hosts the Air Museum with the history of the human flight, from Leonardo da Vinci to the Mongolfier brothers, to Neil Armstrong. At Montegrotto Terme you can visit the Butterfly Arc which hosts in its greenhouses butterfly collections from all over the world. In the afternoon you will enjoy a boat excursion along the Battaglia canal, on board a traditional wooden Venetian boat, the so called “caorlina”.
4. Abano - Selvazzano - Padua (30/50 km)
Today’s stage is dedicated to the visit of Padua. Passing through the centre of Abano Terme you will head towards the Montecchia Castle, and afterwards you will reach the cycle path of the river Bacchiglione, which will take you directly to Padua, where you can easily spend the whole day without getting bored. In Padua we recommend the visit of the Botanical Garden, founded in 1545, the oldest university botanical garden in the world and since 1997 part of the UNESCO world heritage list. Do not miss the Basilica of St. Anthony, the famous square “Prato della Valle” and the Scrovegni Chapel, frescoed by Giotto in the Middle Ages. You can either cycle back to the hotel or take the train.
5. Villa dei Vescovi - Praglia (40 km bike + 5 km walk)
Today’s stage will let you discover the 16th century Villa dei Vescovi, the ultimate example of Renaissance villa in the Euganean hills. From there you can reach Mount Pirio with an easy trek on the “Terre Bianche” path (White Lands path), between vineyards and olive trees, until you arrive at the small church dedicated to the Alpine army forces. You will also have the chance to visit the Benedictine Abbey of Praglia, an important centre for ancient books restoration at international level. Before reaching Praglia you will pass through the Biotope San Daniele, where you can have a walk along the small lakes which host colonies of turtles.
6. After breakfast end of services.
* According to the schedule of the boat excursion and wine/oil tasting, the sequence of the stages may be modified.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 115/135 km
- Total vertical up: 350 m
- Terrain: 85% tarmac, 15% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: NO
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 4
Total length trekking: 10 km
Total vertical up trekking: 400 m
Four simple itineraries, all of them quite flat with some light ups and downs. The routes are along safe cycle paths or roads with very little traffic.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only few short climbs and descents. Little effort required, suitable for most people.
How to get there
Galzignano Terme is connected with the following airports:
Venice: 80 km, Treviso: 70 km, Verona: 100 km.
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We have chosen for you a wonderful resort, surrounded by the natural park of the Euganean Hills, just a few kilometres from Padua.
GALZIGNANO TERME | Spa & Golf Resort | www.galzignano.it
- Hotel Sporting
- Hotel Splendid
4* hotels with inner restaurant, thermal pools, SPA, wellness centre, golf course and tennis club.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple/family room is usually a room with one double bed and one (or two) single beds or rollaways.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent:
- Child bikes | 20” wheels | 24” wheels
- Child seat | max 22 kg | 1-5 yrs
- Child trailer | max 35 kg | 1-4 yrs | 1 seat | www.croozer.com
- Follow-me tandem for 20” child bike | max 30 kg | 6-8 yrs | www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Family tandem | 1 adult + 1 child 6-8 yrs
These accessories can only be mounted on unisex 27-gear Shimano Deore Touring bikes.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list
- Hotel voucher to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- restaurant vouchers (if you have booked half-board)
You will receive the vouchers for wine/oil tasting and for the boat excursion as per programme on the spot.
By your side
In the Final Tour Details you will find the contact phone numbers you can call during the tour in case of emergency.
The Girolibero team is always available for you at the office number during office hours.
8 Client reviews
Departure 10-15 August 2020
Online from 20 August 2020Se volete andare a un museo controllate che sia aperto il giorno che volete fare quel percorso. Consiglio di non fare il percorso più lungo il primo giorno
Departure 10-15 August 2020
Online from 20 August 2020Un bel giro, adatto ai bambini perché il percorso è prevalentemente pianeggiante e su piste ciclabili. Noi lo abbiamo fatto in agosto e forse non è il periodo migliore per il grande caldo della zona.
Departure 19-24 August 2019
Online from 30 August 2019Il tandem family è una ottima soluzione per bambini che non possono ancora essere autonomi. L'adulto che lo guida deve essere un pò allenato perchè è un pò "pesante". Va bene fuori paese o città in quanto le manovre richiedono spazio.
Però davvero una bella soluzione per chi ha bambini tra i 5 e i 7 anni
Departure 12-17 August 2019
Online from 26 August 2019Nel complesso, una buona esperienza
Departure 13-18 July 2019
Online from 23 July 2019Very well organised.
Departure 22-27 April 2019
Online from 09 May 2019OK
Departure 22-27 April 2019
Online from 08 May 2019Il tracciato è semplice e rilassante, con tante possibilità di sosta ed approfondimento per la grande ricchezza di tesori d'arte ed attrazioni culturali: è sempre emozionante fare il proprio ingresso in città da una pista ciclabile lungo un argine o destreggiarsi tra vie e passaggi a livello ed apprezzare la semplicità e forza della bicicletta, che si muove con discrezione e libertà, ma anche con potenza e velocità.
Bicicletta è modo di essere! Bicicletta è vedere le cose da un altro punto di vista!
Departure 20-25 April 2019
Online from 08 May 2019Bel giro, rilassante e con molte occasioni di visite