Belgium, France, Holland, United Kingdom
Four countries by bike
from 995 €
8 Days / 7 Nights, 3/4* hotels
Web code NL258
SA 24.07, 7.08.2021
Price per person
995 € in double room, 3/4* hotels
- 7 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome briefing in English
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- Support van in the area
- Hotline service
- Ferry Dunkirk–Dover: following data have to be provided when booking the tour: full names (as written on the passport/ID card), passport/ID card number and expiry date, nationality, date of birth. These details are compulsory in order to reserve the ferry transfer.
- Hotel taxes (approx. 15-20 €)
- Train Dordrecht–Vlissingen
- Ferry Vlissingen–Breskens
- Train Whitstable–Dartford
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
490 € single room
Extra nights in Amsterdam and London on request
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
195 € E-bike
Additional bike accessories on demand:
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
210 € 3rd person in room
Day by Day
Individual arrival. Amsterdam, the cosmopolitan capital of the Netherlands, is famous for its canals and...for its bicycles! Cycling is definitely the best way to visit the city centre. Dam Square, great art and history museums and Anne Frank 's house await you.
2. Amsterdam – Vianen (65 km)
You will leave Amsterdam cycling south along canals on your way to Utrecht, an old university town vibrant with culture. This historic city is full of medieval buildings, proof of its rich commercial past. Further on you will continue cycling up to the little town of Vianen, your daily destination.
3. Vianen – Dordrecht – Vlissingen (65 km + train)
Your bike tour continues through the Dutch countryside dotted with windmills. Along the way you will cross flower gardens, walled cities, canals and dams and will finally reach Dordrecht, an elegant fishing town, where you will take a train up to Vlissingen (1h30 – not included).
4. Vlissingen – Breskens – Bruges (ferry + 45 km)
Todays's stage starts with a short ferry ride (about 15 minutes - not included) from Vlissingen to Breskens. Here you will begin cycling along canals and fields towards Bruges, widely described as the “Venice of the North” and whose city centre is inscribed on the Unesco World Heritage List. Don't miss to taste Belgian chocolate and beer!
5. Bruges – Dunkirk (80 km)
Today you will cycle through the Flanders region, rich in historic sites and charming towns. The first stop will be in Ostend, a popular tourist destination on the North Sea. You will then continue on your way to the French border and will reach Dunkirk, known for an important battle fought here during World War II, as French and British troops tried to block the German invasion. Today Dunkirk is also famous for its dunes and tens of kilometres of sandy beaches.
6. Dunkirk – Dover – Canterbury (15 km + ferry + 35 km)
You will first cycle to the port of Dunkirk, where you will board the ferry to Dover (about 2 hours), famous for its white cliffs, which can be admired as you approach the English coast. From here you will cycle along country roads up to Canterbury, home to an important European university and starting point of the Francigena Way.
7. Canterbury – London/Greenwich (10 km + train + 30 km)
Your last cycling day begins with a 10 km ride to Whitstable, where you will take a train up to Dartford (1h20 - not included). From here you will cycle the last 32 km along the southern bank of the river Thames, up to Greenwich. This London neighbourhood is a Unesco World Heritage Site, known worldwide for its Royal Observatory, the location of Greenwich Prime Meridian, marking the time for the whole world (GMT).
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 345 km
- Total vertical up: 1,730 m
- Terrain: 80% tarmac, 20% unpaved
- Train connections among the overnight stays: day 7
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 2, 5, 6 and 7
The cycling route is mainly flat. There are some ups and downs in England, between Dover and Canterbury.
Some days the itinerary will be flat, others it will present some hills. Suitable for everyone in good physical condition and with some cycling experience.
How to get there
Amsterdam is connected with the following airports:
Amsterdam-Schiphol: 25 km
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3/4* hotels.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a rollaway
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per cabin: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets, suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Luggage labels
- Dunkirk–Dover ferry-boat voucher
By your side
In Amsterdam you will meet our representative who:
- will illustrate the tour
- will deliver your bikes
- will be available (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
For this tour we offer you MAXI assistance. This means that you can count on the support of a vehicle travelling nearby, which allows you to enjoy a worry-free cycling holiday.