River Adige Cycle Route
Resia Pass to Garda Lake
from 590 €
7 Days / 6 Nights, 3/4* hotels
Web code IT002
WE, SA 20.04 - 5.10 and also SU 23.06 - 25.08.2019
Special departure dates for at least 5 people
Season 1: 20.04 - 3.05 and 28.09 - 5.10.2019
Season 2: 4.05 - 21.06 and 7.09 - 27.09.2019
Season 3: 22.06 - 6.09.2019
Price per person
590 € in double room, 3/4* hotels and guesthouse in Silandro
- 6 nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing in English
- Travel Guide, Maps, Roadbook
- Transfer from Bolzano to Resia Pass
- Luggage transportation
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx 10-15 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
200 € single room
60 € season 2
110 € season 3
80 € Girolibero bike
190 € E-bike
85 € Child trailer
15 € helmet
Additional free accessories for children on demand:
- Child seat
- FollowMe-Tandem (to connect parent’s and child’s bikes)
Extra nights in in double/single room with breakfast:
75/100 € in Bolzano
Garda Lake on request
130 € 3rd adult in room
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated on the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following table:
100% 0-2 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 3-6 years
30% 7-10 years
Day by Day
Individual arrival. Bolzano is a famous commercial and tourist centre and also a historical and cultural connection between the Italian and the German world.
2. Resiapass – Silandro (50 km)
We will drive you to Resia up to 1500 metres of height, where your cycling tour starts. The majestic cycle lane will take you past the lake Resia and the cloister of Montemaria near Silandro.
3. Silandro – Merano (40 km)
The tour continues along the river Adige, passing through orchards and nice landmarks like the imposing Castle Dornsberg. You arrive in the beautiful city of Merano.
4. Merano – Bolzano/surroundings (35/40 Km)
Cycling on cycle paths and secondary roads you will reach the confluence of the rivers Isarco and Adige. Along the way you will admire the biggest apple plantation in Europe and in Lana you can even visit the apple museum.
5. Bolzano/surroundings – Trento (70/65 Km)
Cycling along the lane you follow the river Adige beside apple orchards, vineyards and through the villages of Ora, Egna and Salorno. Along the river banks you ride towards Trento. Possibility to shorten the stage by taking the train in several train stations along the way
6. Trento – Garda Lake (50 km)
The river Adige will take you to Rovereto, famous for its museum of modern and contemporary art. After a short ascent to Passo di San Giovanni, you will enjoy a superb view over the Garda Lake, before starting your (well deserved) descent to the lake shore.
7. Garda Lake
After breakfast, end of services.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 245 km
- Total vertical up: 410/630 m
- Terrain: 95% tarmac, 5% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day, except day 6
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: every day.
The route is mainly flat with only a few short climbs, on paved cycle paths or secondary roads.
Easy cycling in mostly flat areas, with only few short climbs and descents. Little effort required, suitable for most people.
This tour is also suitable for children. The longest stage, from Bolzano to Trento, can be shortened by taking the train.
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports: Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km.
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3/4* hotels (with a cozy and typical guesthouse in Silandro).
All hotels have en suite facilities. Some hotels located in mountainous places of northern Italy can be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a rollaway.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero’s City bikes are available in various sizes in unisex/women’s or men’s models. At the moment of booking, you can choose from the following bikes:
- City bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- City bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- Standard road bike with carbon fork
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent helmets for adults as well as children’s bikes and devices:
- Child seat: it is suitable for a maximum payload of 22 kg (0-4 yrs).
- Child trailer: with one seat and suitable for children who cannot ride a bike (0-4 yrs). The child trailer is designed for a maximum payload of 30 kg. More info on www.croozer.com.
- Follow-me tandem: a clever latch system enables the child's bike to lock firmly onto the tail of the adult bike as and when necessary (4-7 yrs). Adjustable only for the kids bike wheels size 20". The maximum weight of the child can be 27 kg. More info on www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Child bikes: bike frames with 20” and 24” wheels
- Family tandem: this is an innovative solution for cycling with one child (aged 4-12).
Please note that child seats, child trailers and follow-me tandems can only be mounted on unisex City bikes 27-gear Shimano Deore.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
1 cycle computer
1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
1 water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets, suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61. All helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
The Information Pack (one per room) includes:
- final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- luggage labels to be fixed at each piece of baggage, which has to be carried
- hotel vouchers to be given to the reception of each hotel on your arrival.
Girolibero Greens booklets:
1) Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and natural treasures of the areas visited on the tour. Plus: local events, some great anecdotes, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
2) Detailed Maps of the itinerary: in colour and scaled 1:75.000/50.000, an altitude profile chart and maps of any historic city centres you would visit.
3) Roadbook describing the cycling route, stage by stage. Great on its own or in conjunction with the maps.
By your side
On day 2 (first cycling day) a transfer from Bolzano to Resia lake will take place between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m.
During the transfer you can ask further information on the tour and once at the Resia lake you will be delivered the rental bikes.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
10 Client reviews
Departure 03-09 August 2019
Online from 14 August 2019Ci è venuta voglia di fare altri viaggi in questo modo!
Departure 03-09 August 2019
Online from 14 August 2019Percorso facile e non impegnativo ma molto bello, albergo finale migliorabile
Departure 10-16 July 2019
Online from 11 August 2019This was our first family bike holiday and an introduction for our kids.
It was brilliant. The organisation was first rate and everything worked extremely well.
Loved the landscape and scenery and we will definitely do another trip.
Departure 30 June - 06 July 2019
Online from 18 July 2019Molto comodo per il trasporto bagagli senza rinunciare all'indipendenza e libertà di movimento durante la giornata. Avrei selezionato meglio alcuni hotel
Departure 16-23 July 2017
Online from 28 July 2017Un ottimo viaggio per le bellezze naturali, paesaggistiche e culturali. Molto indicato per chi, come noi, non è ciclista da grandi salite.
Departure 10-17 June 2017
Online from 22 June 2017W Alto Adige!
Departure 27 May - 03 June 2017
Online from 08 June 2017Consigliato per chi non so vuole stancare molto. Attenzione alle previsioni del vento tra Bolzano e Trento. Valutate di accorciare la tappa, ma non perdetevi Appiano.
Departure 20-27 May 2017
Online from 05 June 2017Un percorso splendido e adatto a tutti i ciclisti di tutte le età.
Online from 05 September 2016Hi
This is an entry for the photo competition. I took it on the Resia Pass to Mantua tour on 3rd July.
We had a wonderful trip. The scenery was amazing and the hotels comfortable and convenient.
Thanks for a great holiday.
Online from 02 August 2016Hello Maddalena,
We came back yesterday from Italy and I wanted to let you know that we have really appreciated our experience. We loved the landscapes and the fact that the route was mostly on cycling path. It was perfect for our big group with a lot of children. The bikes were great and the indications were very clear. It was an almost stress-free experience (except for little parts were we got lost). I wanted to thank you for helping us in organizing that trip, you were always helpful and prompt to answer my emails and it was very appreciated.
Thank you and hoping to do another Girolibero bike trip in the future!
New program and prices coming soon.Close