Bolzano – Bassano – Venice
Treasures of Brenta Valley and Lagoon
from 630 €
8 Days / 7 Nights, Cat. B
Web code IT013
SA 20.03 - 16.10.2021
Special departure dates for at least 5 people
Season 1: 20.03 - 23.04 and 25.09 - 16.10.2021
Season 2: 24.04 - 14.05 and 5.09 - 24.09.2021
Season 3: 15.05 - 4.09.2021
Price per person
630 € in double room, Cat. B: mainly 3* hotels, with few 2* hotels
740 € in double room, Cat. A: mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels
- 7 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome briefing in English
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 10-15 €)
- Train journey from Trento to lake area (approx. 40 minutes, 6 € per person) on day 3
- Ferry-boat transfers on day 7 (altogether about 25 € per person, bike incl.)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
190/240 € single room (Cat. B/A)
80 € Season 2
120 € Season 3
20 € overnight in Padua instead of Padua thermal district
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
75/100 € in Bolzano (Cat. B/A)
55/85 € in Mestre (Cat. B)
70/100 € in Mestre (Cat. A)
from 90/150 € in Venice
70 € transfer Mestre-Bolzano (bike included, min. 2 persons).
Available on Saturday and Sunday (other days on request).
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
195 € E-bike
170 € Tandem
Additional bike accessories on demand:
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
120/150 € 3rd person in room (Cat. B/A)
Day by Day
Individual arrival. Located along the Isarco river, bilingual Bolzano has always been at the crossroads between the Mediterranean and central Europe. Today it is an important commercial and tourist centre.
2. Bolzano – Trento (65/70 km)
You will start riding along the River Adige cycle path, through orchards and the vineyards of the renowned Wine Route. Half way between Bolzano and Trento you will reach Salorno, which represents the linguistic border between the German and the Italian world. It is possible to shorten the stage by taking the train in several train stations along the way.
3. Trento – Bassano del Grappa (20/35 km by train + 75/60 km by bike)
The whole stage schedules 95 km altogether. We suggest anyway to shorten it by minimum 20 km taking a train from Trento to the lakes area, thus avoiding the only uphill section of the stage. Starting from the spring of the lakes Caldonazzo and Levico, you will follow the river Brenta across its beautiful valley up to Bassano del Grappa, which offers you its famous wooden-roofed bridge and a wonderful historical centre. Possibility to shorten the stage by taking the train in several train stations along the way.
4. Bassano – Vicenza (40 km)
After a few kilometres from Bassano you reach the little fortified town of Marostica, which is famous for its castle “Castello da Basso” and the stone chessboard on its main square. At the end of this stage Vicenza awaits you: this is the famous city of the Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio, who built plenty of extraordinary buildings around here.
5. Vicenza – Padua thermal district (60 km)
Cycling out of Vicenza, along the cycle path of the river Bacchiglione, you can admire the Palladian masterpiece Villa La Rotonda. Then, past the hamlet of Montegalda, you will head towards the Euganean Hills, where you will have the chance to relax in a 4* spa resort in the largest European thermal district.
6. Padua thermal district – Chioggia (55 km)
Quiet country roads and rural hamlets will accompany your trip along the river Bacchiglione, once an important commercial waterway, up to the picturesque fishing village Chioggia, in the Venetian lagoon. You will be fascinated by this “little Venice”, with its small canals and bridges.
7. Chioggia – Mestre (35 km)
Across the islands of Pellestrina and Lido, which separate the open sea from the Venetian lagoon, you will reach the stately, beautiful Venice. After a nice long stroll in the city’s fascinating maze of lanes and bridges you will reach Mestre.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports:
Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
According to your category of choice you will be accommodated in:
- Cat. A: mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels
- Cat. B: mainly 3* hotels, with few 2* hotels
All rooms have en suite facilities. All rooms in the category A have air conditioning, while in the category B there may be some cases of accommodation without air conditioning. Some hotels located in mountainous places of northern Italy can be without air conditioning (even in category A).
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed;
- twin room is a room with two single beds;
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets, suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Luggage labels
By your side
In Bolzano you will meet our representative who:
- will illustrate the tour
- will deliver your bikes
- will be available (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
1 Client reviews
Departure 11-18 August 2019
Online from 23 August 2019Una ciclabile, forse poco frequentata, che vale quanto le declamate ciclabili che abbiamo fatto all'estero (Danubio, Avenue Verte, Amsterdam-Bruges)