Bolzano - Mantua
Pre-trip extension - Dolomites and Lake Garda
from 420 €
4 Days / 3 Nights, 3/4* hotels
Web code IT040
Every Wednesdays from 14.04 to 22.09.2021 and 6.10.2021
Arrival in Bolzano and continuation aboard Ave Maria:
WED 21.04, 5.05, 19.05, 2.06, 16.06, 30.06, 14.07, 28.07, 11.08, 25.08, 8.09, 22.09, 6.10.2021
Arrival in Bolzano and continuation aboard Vita Pugna:
WED 14.04, 28.04, 12.05, 26.05, 9.06, 23.06, 7.07, 21.07, 4.08, 18.08, 1.09, 15.09.2021
Season 1: 14.04 - 21.04 and 6.10.2021
Season 2: 28.04 - 12.05 and 8.09 - 22.09.2021
Season 3: 19.05 - 1.09.2021
Price per person
420 € double room
- 3 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome briefing in English
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- 4-hour ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Bike helmet
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 5 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “included in the price”
Supplements per person
110 € single room
45 € Season 2
75 € Season 3
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
75/100 € 3/4* hotel in Bolzano
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
60 € Touring bike
125 € E-bike
50 € 3rd adult in the room
Day by Day
Individual arrival. Located along the Isarco river, bilingual Bolzano has always been at the crossroads between the Mediterranean and central Europe. Today it is an important commercial and tourist centre.
2. Bolzano – Trento (65/70 km)
You will start riding along the River Adige cycle path, through orchards and the vineyards of the renowned Wine Route. Half way between Bolzano and Trento you will reach Salorno, which represents the linguistic border between the German and the Italian world. It is possible to shorten the stage by taking the train in several train stations along the way.
3. Trento – Desenzano/Peschiera (50 km by bike + ferry)
The river Adige will take you to Rovereto, famous for its museum of modern and contemporary art. After a short ascent to Passo di San Giovanni, you will enjoy a superb view over the Garda Lake and the little town of Torbole. Then in Riva del Garda you will take a ferry to reach the southern part of the lake.
4. Desenzano/Peschiera – Mantua (70/45 km)
Today you will cycle following one of the most famous Italian cycle paths, which runs parallel to the River Mincio. The stage ends in Mantua, where you will embark aboard your barge. We welcome you aboard your new home-from-home from 4.30 p.m. onwards, and then regroup for the introductory briefing – at 6.30 – with your tour leader, skipper and crew, along with a first refreshing aperitivo. After dinner we can stroll into town and savour the historic centre at its most evocative: Benvenuti a Mantova!
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
In case of strike, bad weather conditions, technical breakdowns, safety problems or any other reason preventing the regular departure of the ferry boat (from Riva del Garda to Peschiera/Desenzano), the ferry boat company can delay, cancel or deviate the navigation without notice.
In case of cancellation the ferry boat service will be replaced by alternative means of transport (usually by bus). The same applies if the ferry boat service is no longer foreseen (for example at the end of the season).
- Total length: 160/190 km
- Total vertical up: 190/590m
- Terrain: 95% tarmac, 5% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: day 2, 3, 4
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 2 and 3
From Bolzano to Mantua you will ride on well-planned cycle lanes, part of which run along the Adige banks. Towards Garda Lake there is a bit more challenging climb to face. From Mantua to Venice you will pedal along rivers and canals on tarmac cycle paths or roads with low traffic.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone.
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports:
Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3/4* hotels.
All rooms have en suite facilities. Some hotels located in mountainous places of northern Italy can be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes in unisex model:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
We remind you that you will ride the same unisex bike for the whole duration of the tour, from Bolzano to Venice.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Luggage labels
- Garda Lake ferry-boat voucher: show this voucher to the ticket office in Riva del Garda to get your passage by ferry-boat to Peschiera or Desenzano del Garda
By your side
In Bolzano you will meet our representative who:
- will illustrate the tour
- will deliver your bikes
- will be available (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
2 Client reviews
Departure 08-18 May 2019
Online from 23 May 2019Amazing holiday. Special memories which will last forever!
Departure 08-18 May 2019
Online from 23 May 2019This is an amazing bike barge is clearly a 5 star trip.
The accomodations, bikes, the food and the itinerary is superior.
What a great value trip and so much fun.
Loved the history.