River Adige Cycle Route Short Break
Bolzano to Verona
from 510 €
5 Days / 4 Nights, mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels
Web code IT018
SA, SU 16.04 - 8.10.2022
WE 20.04 - 21.09.2022
Special departure dates for at least 6 people.
Season 1 | 16.04 - 22.04 and 24.09 - 8.10.2022
Season 2 | 23.04 - 20.05 and 10.09 - 23.09.2022
Season 3 | 21.05 - 9.09.2022
Price per person
Season 1 | 16.04 - 22.04 and 24.09 - 8.10.2022
mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels
510 € in double room
670 € in single room
3rd person in triple room:
440 € >11 years
360 € 7-10 years
250 € 3-6 years
Free 0-2 years - baby cot to be paid on site
- 4 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- App including maps, roadbook, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- 4-hour ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 8 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
23.04 - 20.05 and 10.09 - 23.09.2022
60 € > 11 years
42 € 7-10 years
30 € 3-6 years
21.05 - 9.09.2022
100 € > 11 years
70 € 7-10 years
50 € 3-6 years
Girolibero rental bikes
including insurance against theft and damage
60 € Touring bike
150 € E-bike
60 € Child bike | 20” and 24" wheels
60 € Child bike | 20” wheels wtih FollowMe-Tandem
120 € Family and Adult Tandems
85 € Child trailer | max 35 kg | 1-4 yrs | 1 seat
15 € Helmet | head circumferences 54-61 cm
Free Child rear seat | max 22 kg
in double / single room with breakfast
75 / 125 € in Bolzano
70 / 95 € in Verona
Day by Day
Individual arrival. Bolzano is a famous commercial and tourist centre and also a historical and cultural connection between the Italian and the German-speaking world.
2. Bolzano – Trento (65/70 km)
Today you will ride mostly along the Adige River, through orchards and vineyards passing the villages of Ora, Egna and Salorno. The dam pathways leads then to Trento. Possibility to shorten the stage by taking the train in several train stations along the way.
3. Trento – Desenzano/Peschiera (50 km by bike + ferry)
Always pedalling along the river Adige you reach Rovereto and Mori. From here westwards towards Lake Garda. After a short ascent, a refreshing descent will follow and lead you to Torbole and Riva. The ferry cruise takes you to the southern part of the lake.
4. Desenzano/Peschiera – Verona (60/35 km)
Today you head to Verona. With the Adige crossing it, this is one of the most important and beautiful cities in the Veneto region. Worth visiting are: the Roman Arena, the Church of San Zeno and Juliet’s House.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
In case of strike, bad weather conditions, technical breakdowns, safety problems or any other reason preventing the regular departure of the ferry boat (from Riva del Garda to Peschiera/Desenzano), the ferry boat company can delay, cancel or deviate the navigation without notice.
In case of cancellation the ferry boat service will be replaced by alternative means of transport (usually by bus). The same applies if the ferry boat service is no longer foreseen (for example at the end of the season).
- Total length: 150/180 km
- Total vertical up: 310/650 m
- Terrain: 95% tarmac, 5% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 2 and 3.
As a whole it is an easy to manage itinerary, riding on secondary streets with low traffic or paved bike paths. There are light hilly bits with short uphill sections.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone.
This tour is also suitable for children. The longest stage, from Bolzano to Trento, can be shortened by taking the train.
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports:
Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels.
All rooms have en suite facilities. Some hotels located in mountainous places of northern Italy can be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent:
- Child bikes | 20” and 24” wheels
- Child seat | max 22 kg | 1-5 yrs
- Child trailer | max 35 kg | 1-4 yrs | 1 seat | www.croozer.com
- Follow-me tandem for 20” child bike | max 30 kg | 6-8 yrs | www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Family tandem | 1 adult + 1 child 6-8 yrs
These accessories can only be mounted on unisex 27-gear Shimano Deore Touring bikes.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag per room
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
We recommend that you bring your own reusable water bottle with you.
In order to cycle smoothly following our App, we suggest that you bring with you a holder for your mobile phone to be fixed on the handlebar, as well as a power bank (even if the App can be used offline, too).
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, roadbook, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list (due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may change just before your arrival)
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Garda Lake ferry-boat voucher: show this voucher to the ticket office in Riva del Garda to get your passage by ferry-boat to Peschiera or Desenzano del Garda
By your side
In the Final Tour Details you will find the contact phone numbers you can call during the tour in case of emergency.
6 Client reviews
Departure 24-28 August 2019
Online from 04 September 2019La bellezza delle città non si discute anche se c'è poco tempo per visitarle.
Per il resto poco interessante.
Departure 24-28 July 2019
Online from 02 August 2019Wonderful way to visit this part of Italy.
Departure 22-26 May 2019
Online from 06 June 2019Well worth it!
Departure 19-23 May 2019
Online from 05 June 2019Even though we had quite a bit of rain, the trip was very good.
We would have liked to have the use of ponchos when we started in Bolzano. Coming from overseas we did not have a lot of rain gear and had to go and buy our own ponchos. Our previous trip in Europe provided us with inexpensive (Ikea) ponchos, which we returned at the end of our trip.
Girolibero rispondeThanks Francesca, you gave us an idea for the future :)
Departure 19-23 August 2017
Online from 28 August 2017Giro semplice ed adatto a tutti.
Ciclabili eccellenti, specialmente la prima parte
Departure 01-05 August 2017
Online from 10 August 2017ottimo.