River Adige Cycle Route Short Break
Bolzano to Verona
from 460 €
5 Days / 4 Nights, 3/4* hotels
Web code IT018
SA, SU from 23.03 to 19.10.2019 and also TU, WE from 30.04 to 18.09.2019.
Special departure dates for at least 5 people
Season 1: 23.03 - 31.03 and 28.09 - 19.10.2019
Season 2: 1.04 - 17.05 and 9.09 - 27.09.2019
Season 3: 18.05 - 8.09.2019
Price per person
460 € in double room, 3/4* hotels
- 4-nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing in English
- Travel Guide, Maps, Roadbook
- Luggage transportation
- 4-hour ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 8 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
140 € single room
60 € season 2
100 € season 3
55 € Girolibero bike
120 € E-bike
80 € child trailer
15 € helmet
Additional free accessories for children on demand:
- Child seat
- FollowMe-Tandem (to connect parent’s and child’s bikes)
Extra nights in in double/single room with breakfast:
75/100 € in Bolzano
65/85 € in Verona
70 € 3rd adult in room
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated on the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following table:
100% 0-2 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 3-6 years
30% 7-10 years
Day by Day
Individual arrival. Bolzano is a famous commercial and tourist centre and also a historical and cultural connection between the Italian and the German-speaking world.
2. Bolzano – Trento (65/70 km)
Today you will ride mostly along the Adige River, through orchards and vineyards passing the villages of Ora, Egna and Salorno. The dam pathways leads then to Trento. Possibility to shorten the stage by taking the train in several train stations along the way.
3. Trento – Desenzano/Peschiera (50 km by bike + ferry)
Always pedalling along the river Adige you reach Rovereto and Mori. From here westwards towards Lake Garda. After a short ascent, a refreshing descent will follow and lead you to Torbole and Riva. The ferry cruise takes you to the southern part of the lake.
4. Desenzano/Peschiera – Verona (60/35 km)
Today you head to Verona. With the Adige crossing it, this is one of the most important and beautiful cities in the Veneto region. Worth visiting are: the Roman Arena, the Church of San Zeno and Juliet’s House.
Departure after breakfast.
Tour programme variations
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
In case of strike, bad weather conditions, technical breakdowns, safety problems or any other reason preventing the regular departure of the ferry boat (from Riva del Garda to Peschiera/Desenzano), the ferry boat company can delay, cancel or deviate the navigation without notice.
In case of cancellation the ferry boat service will be replaced by alternative means of transport (usually by bus). The same applies if the ferry boat service is no longer foreseen (for example at the end of the season).
- Total length: 150/180 km
- Total vertical up: 310/650 m
- Terrain: 95% tarmac, 5% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 2 and 3.
As a whole it is an easy to manage itinerary, riding on secondary streets with low traffic or paved bike paths. There are light hilly bits with short uphill sections.
Easy cycling in mostly flat areas, with only few short climbs and descents. Little effort required, suitable for most people.
This tour is also suitable for children. The longest stage, from Bolzano to Trento, can be shortened by taking the train.
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports:
Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels.
All rooms have en suite facilities. Some hotels located in mountainous places of northern Italy can be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a rollaway.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero’s City bikes are available in various sizes in unisex/women’s or men’s models. At the moment of booking, you can choose from the following bikes:
- City bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- City bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- Standard Road bike with carbon fork
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent helmets for adults as well as children’s bikes and devices:
- Child seat: it is suitable for a maximum payload of 22 kg (0-4 yrs).
- Child trailer: with one seat and suitable for children who cannot ride a bike (0-4 yrs). The child trailer is designed for a maximum payload of 30 kg. More info on www.croozer.com.
- Follow-me tandem: a clever latch system enables the child's bike to lock firmly onto the tail of the adult bike as and when necessary (4-7 yrs). Adjustable only for the kids bike wheels size 20". The maximum weight of the child can be 27 kg. More info on www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Child bikes: bike frames with 20” and 24” wheels
- Family tandem: this is an innovative solution for cycling with one child (aged 4-12).
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
1 cycle computer
1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
1 water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
The Information Pack (one per room) includes:
- final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- luggage labels to be fixed at each piece of baggage, which has to be carried
- hotel vouchers to be given to the reception of each hotel on your arrival
- Lake Garda ferry-boat voucher: give this voucher to the ticket office in Riva del Garda to get your passage by ferry-boat to Peschiera or Desenzano del Garda.
Girolibero Greens booklets:
1) Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and natural treasures of the areas visited on the tour. Plus: local events, some great anecdotes, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
2) Detailed Maps of the itinerary: in colour and scaled 1:75.000/50.000, an altitude profile chart and maps of any historic city centres you would visit.
3) Roadbook describing the cycling route, stage by stage. Great on its own or in conjunction with the maps.
By your side
In Bolzano you will meet our representative who:
- will present you the tour
- will deliver you the bikes
- will be at your disposal (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
6 Client reviews
Departure 24-28 August 2019
Online from 04 September 2019La bellezza delle città non si discute anche se c'è poco tempo per visitarle.
Per il resto poco interessante.
Departure 24-28 July 2019
Online from 02 August 2019Wonderful way to visit this part of Italy.
Departure 22-26 May 2019
Online from 06 June 2019Well worth it!
Departure 19-23 May 2019
Online from 05 June 2019Even though we had quite a bit of rain, the trip was very good.
We would have liked to have the use of ponchos when we started in Bolzano. Coming from overseas we did not have a lot of rain gear and had to go and buy our own ponchos. Our previous trip in Europe provided us with inexpensive (Ikea) ponchos, which we returned at the end of our trip.
Girolibero rispondeThanks Francesca, you gave us an idea for the future :)
Departure 19-23 August 2017
Online from 28 August 2017Giro semplice ed adatto a tutti.
Ciclabili eccellenti, specialmente la prima parte
Departure 01-05 August 2017
Online from 10 August 2017ottimo.
New program and prices coming soon.Close