Bolzano – Verona – Venice
Dolomites to Adriatic
from 650 €
8 Days / 7 Nights, Cat. B
Web code IT001
SA, SU from 21.03 to 17.10.2020
TU, WE from 14.04 to 30.09.2020
Special departure dates for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 21.03 - 24.04 and 26.09 - 17.10.2020
Season 2: 25.04 - 22.05 and 7.09 - 25.09.2020
Season 3: 23.05 - 6.09.2020
Price per person
650 € in double room, Cat. B: mainly 3* hotels, with a few 2* hotels
760 € in double room, Cat. A: mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels
- 7 nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing in English
- Travel Guide, Maps, Roadbook
- Luggage transportation
- 4-hour ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Ice-cream in the best ice cream parlour in Vicenza
Entrance to the gardens of Villa La Rotonda in Vicenza
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 10-15 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
190/240 € single room (Cat. B/A)
80 € season 2
120 € season 3
20 € overnight in Padua instead of Padua thermal district
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
75/100 € in Bolzano Cat. B+A
55/85 € in Mestre Cat. B
70/100 € in Mestre Cat. A
From 90/150 € in Venice*
*on request 7th night of the tour in Venice instead of Mestre with delivery of the bikes in Mestre.
It is possible to add one extra night in the middle of the tour only for departures on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Price and availability are upon request.
70 € transfer Mestre-Bolzano (bike included, min. 2 persons).
Available on Saturday and Sunday (other days on request).
Also possible on Tuesday and Wednesday only from 21.04 to 7.10.2020
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
125 € Hybrid bike
195 € E-bike
85 € Child bike
170 € Family and Adult Tandems
Additional bike accessories on demand:
85 € child trailer
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
Free of charge: child seat and FollowMe-Tandem
120/150 € 3rd adult in room (Cat. B/A)
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated on the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following table:
100% 0-2 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 3-6 years
30% 7-10 years
Day by Day
Individual arrival. Located along the Isarco river, bilingual Bolzano has always been at the crossroads between the Mediterranean and central Europe. Today it is an important commercial and tourist centre.
2. Bolzano – Trento (65/70 km)
You will start riding along the River Adige cycle path, through orchards and the vineyards of the renowned Wine Route. Half way between Bolzano and Trento you will reach Salorno, which represents the linguistic border between the German and the Italian world. It is possible to shorten the stage by taking the train in several train stations along the way.
3. Trento – Desenzano/Peschiera (50 km by bike + ferry)
The river Adige will take you to Rovereto, famous for its museum of modern and contemporary art. After a short ascent to Passo di San Giovanni, you will enjoy a superb view over the Garda Lake and the little town of Torbole. Then in Riva del Garda you will take a ferry to reach the southern part of the lake.
4. Desenzano/Peschiera – Verona (60/35 km)
After crossing the hilly landscape surrounding the Garda Lake, you will meet again the river Adige, which will take you into Verona, one of the most important and beautiful cities in the Veneto region. Worth visiting are: the Roman Arena, the Church of San Zeno and Juliet’s House.
5. Verona – Vicenza (70/35 km)
Cycling in the countryside at the foot of Mounts Lessini, among the vineyards you will reach the castle of Soave. Further on the fortress of Brendola will show you the way to the Berici hills and to Vicenza.
The old city centre is characterized by beautiful private palaces and public buildings by Andrea Palladio, the famous 16th century architect known all over the world. It is possible to shorten the stage by taking the train in San Bonifacio.
6. Vicenza – Padua thermal district (50 km)
Cycling out of Vicenza, along the cycle path of the river Bacchiglione, you can admire the Palladian masterpiece Villa La Rotonda. Then, past the hamlet of Montegalda, you will head towards the Euganean Hills, where you will have the chance to relax in a 4* spa resort in the largest European thermal district.
7. Padua thermal district – Mestre/Venice (55 km)
Along the cycle path of the Battaglia Canal you will pass through Padua, home to one of the oldest Italian (and European) universities and rich in art and history. From here, along the Piovego Canal, you will reach Stra and will follow the Brenta Canal, overlooked by the countryside villas of the ancient Venetian nobility (Villa Pisani, Villa Malcontenta, Villa Widmann) until you reach Mestre, Venice mainland. You can choose to overnight in Venice with a supplement.
Please note that in Venice (apart from Piazzale Roma and train station Santa Lucia) it is forbidden to cycle, and also to push your bike by hand.
Departure after breakfast. Transfer back to Bolzano on request when booking the tour.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
In case of strike, bad weather conditions, technical breakdowns, safety problems or any other reason preventing the regular departure of the ferry boat (from Riva del Garda to Peschiera/Desenzano), the ferry boat company can delay, cancel or deviate the navigation without notice.
In case of cancellation the ferry boat service will be replaced by alternative means of transport (usually by bus). The same applies if the ferry boat service is no longer foreseen (for example at the end of the season).
- Total length: 290/355 km
- Total vertical up: 570/1,120 m
- Terrain: 90% tarmac, 10% unpaved
- Train connections among the overnight stays: day 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 2, 3, 5 and 7.
As a whole it is an easy to manage itinerary, riding on secondary streets with low traffic or paved bike paths. There are light hilly bits with short uphill sections.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only few short climbs and descents. Little effort required, suitable for most people. This tour is also suitable for children. The longer stages, from Bolzano to Trento and from Verona to Vicenza, can be shortened by taking the train.
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports:
Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
According to your category of choice you will be accommodated in:
- Cat. A: mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels
- Cat. B: mainly 3* hotels, with some 2* hotels
The overnight in Padua thermal district for both categories will be in a 4* Wellness Hotel with swimming pools.
All rooms have en suite facilities. All 3/4* hotels have air conditioning while in the category of 2/3* hotels there may be some cases of accommodation without air conditioning. Some hotels located in mountainous places of northern Italy can be without air conditioning (even in category A).
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
On request 7th night of the tour in Venice instead of Mestre with delivery of the bikes in Mestre.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- Hybrid bike 27-gear Shimano
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- mudguard (not for Hybrid)
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com (different model for Hybrid)
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent:
- Child bikes | 20” wheels | 24” wheels
- Child seat | max 22 kg | 1-5 yrs
- Child trailer | max 35 kg | 1-4 yrs | 1 seat | www.croozer.com
- Follow-me tandem for 20” child bike | max 30 kg | 6-8 yrs | www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Family tandem | 1 adult + 1 child 6-8 yrs
These accessories can only be mounted on unisex 27-gear Shimano Deore Touring bikes.
An insurance against theft and damage is included in the rental bike price. In cases of careless or improper behavior the insurance will not cover the costs.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
1 cycle computer
1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
1 water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets, suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
The Information Pack (one per room) includes:
- final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- luggage labels to be attached to each piece of luggage to be transported
- hotel vouchers to be handed in to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Garda Lake ferry-boat voucher: give this voucher to the ticket office in Riva del Garda to get your passage by ferry-boat to Peschiera or Desenzano del Garda
- ice cream voucher: you can enjoy a free ice cream in one of Vicenza's most famous ice cream parlours
- voucher for a free entry to the gardens of Villa La Rotonda in Vicenza: valid on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays (not valid on Easter Sunday). On Wednesdays and Saturdays the entrance into the gardens is only possible if you visit also the Villa interiors, with a supplement of € 5, to be paid directly on the spot. The Villa is closed on Mondays.
Girolibero Greens booklets:
1) Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour.
Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
2) Detailed Maps of the itinerary: in colour and scaled 1:75.000/50.000, an altitude profile chart and maps of any historic city centres you will visit.
3) Roadbook describing the cycling route, stage by stage. Great on its own or in conjunction with the maps.
By your side
In Bolzano you will meet our representative who:
- will illustrate the tour
- will deliver your bikes
- will be available (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00 which will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
10 Client reviews
Departure 05-12 October 2019
Online from 20 October 2019A wonderful holiday with many happy memories.
THANKS TO THE GIROLIBERO TEAM!
Departure 08-15 September 2019
Online from 28 September 2019We had a wonderful time and appreciated all the tips you provided. The discount booklet was a nice touch - it led us to various places we may not have gone to.
We needed to end the trip in Venice and it was very challenging finding the bike path from Maestre. We lost the arrows and asked people for the best way to the bike path on the bridge. We ended up crossing a very busy highway. Your directions to Venice could have been better.
Departure 07-14 September 2019
Online from 27 September 2019We had a wonderful trip and many thanks to GiroLibero for doing a great job!
Departure 01-08 September 2019
Online from 13 September 2019Great family trip
Departure 01-08 September 2019
Online from 13 September 2019
Prue & Rachel, Australia
Online from 09 October 2017Thank you for another wonderful trip, Bolzano to Venice this time. This was a beautiful trip and Rachel and I really appreciated the many direction signs along the way, detailed map, excellent accomodation and friendly and helpful bag delivery service. Your organisation is impressive!
Attached is a photo to submit from Riva del Garda.
We look forward to coming back for another trip some day!
Departure 08-15 July 2017
Online from 22 August 2017Molto piacevole, bei paesaggi e tante opportunità culturali.
Online from 31 March 2017A few weeks back in Norway, we still think of (and speak of) our tour from Bolzano to Venezia, and of the pleasant visit to your offices.
We enjoyed it thoroughly, both the cycling and the visit, and will naturally look upon Girolibero as our preferred supplier for our next tours.
As we mentioned in Vicenza, all was fine with our tour, the roadbook and the other guides were very precise and helpful and the hotels were nice and easy to find. The meals were OK, but since most of the stops were in attractive and great cities, we would have preferred to have some of the dinners in restaurants outside the hotel and also to have more time to explore the cities. As we mentioned, an opportunity to stop over an extra night in one or more of the cities would have been welcomed by us.
All in all, we are very satifed. Say hello and thank you from us to all of your colleagues.
On behalf of the Norwegian team
Online from 07 November 2016Etwas spät, aber ich möchte nicht versäumen Ihnen eine Rückmeldung über unsere Radtour "Etschradweg bis Venedig" zu geben.
Begeistert waren wir von dem 1.Teil unserer Tour. Wunderschöne Landschaft, immer bergab und sehr gut zu befahren. Wobei uns auch der 2. Teil gefallen hat.
Die schönen kleinen Ortschaften durch Wein- und Obstplantagen, sehr schön. Leider oft auf der Straße ohne Fahrradwege. Alles war sehr gut ausgeschildert, wir hatten selten Mühe, den Weg zu finden. Über die " grünen Pfeile " waren wir immer sehr erfreut.
Die Unterkünfte waren gut ausgesucht. Nur in Meran wären wir gerne mehr im Centrum gewesen.
Von Verona nach Vicenza wären wir gerne durch die Berge über Arcugnano geradelt. Leider war die Strecke dann doch etws zu lang. Vielleicht hätten wir eine Übernachtung mehr einlegen sollen. Venedig war toll aber viel zu voll!!
Im Rückblick würden wir diese Tour gerne noch einmal radeln, nur etwas später im Jahr. Vielleicht Ende September, da ist es weniger heiß.
Ihnen vielen Dank für die gute Ausarbeitung. Wir haben und werden girolibero weiter empfehlen.
Liebe Grüße aus dem kühlen Norden
Departure 13-20 August 2016
Online from 10 September 2016Nuova, interessante e da rifare