Apulia Short Break
Lecce and the deepest Salento
from 500 €
6 Days / 5 Nights, 3/4* hotels
Web code IT035
MO 22.03 - 19.07 and 23.08 - 1.11.2021
SU 25.04 - 27.06 and 22.08 - 3.10.2021
Special departure dates for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 22.03 - 4.04 and 18.10 - 1.11.2021
Season 2: 5.04 - 1.05 and 26.09 - 17.10.2021
Season 3: 2.05 - 26.06 and 7.09 - 25.09.2021
Season 4: 27.06 - 19.07 and 22.08 - 6.09.2021
Price per person
500 € in double room, 3/4* hotels
- 5 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome briefing in English
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 8 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
165 € single room
80 € season 2
130 € season 3
210 € season 4
Extra nights in in double/single room with breakfast:
60/90 € in Lecce
Transfers Bari/Brindisi-Lecce: on request
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
75 € Touring bike
175 € E-bike
Additional bike accessories on demand:
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
70 € 3rd person in room
Day by Day
Individual arrival. Thanks to its Baroque style, it has earned the nickname of Florence of the South.
2. Lecce – Gallipoli (50 km)
After a few kilometers through the town of Lecce, you go deep into the “salentinian countryside”, before approaching the Ionian coast and your daily destination, Gallipoli.
3. Gallipoli – Santa Maria di Leuca (50 km)
Cycling further along the coast you will reach Santa Maria di Leuca. Its name was given by the ancient Greek sailors who came from the East. They saw this place lightened by the sun and therefore called it “leukos”, meaning white. The town is today a famous seaside resort.
4. Santa Maria di Leuca – Otranto (50 km)
Today you will cycle northwards along the Adriatic coast to Otranto, the most eastern point of Italy where you can visit the beautiful Cathedral and the great Aragonese Castle.
5. Otranto – Lecce (55 km)
Riding along the Alimini Lakes and their unique Mediterranean bush you will enter Lecce.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 205 km
- Total vertical up: 690 m
- Terrain: 99% tarmac, 1% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: NO
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: NO
Mostly in the lowlands, sometimes hilly. Traffic is almost non existent in Apulia except during the high holiday season. The route includes very beautiful stretches on the coast.
Some days the itinerary will be flat, others it will present some hills. Suitable for everyone in good physical condition and with some cycling experience.
How to get there
Lecce is connected with the following airports:
Brindisi: 40 Km, Bari: 150 Km.
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3/4* hotels.
All rooms have en suite facilities and air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Luggage labels
By your side
In Lecce you will meet our representative who:
- will illustrate the tour
- will deliver your bikes
- will be available (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
8 Client reviews
Departure 23-28 August 2020
Online from 04 September 2020Tappe facili con possibilità di più di una sosta bagno.
L'unica mediamente impegnativa è quella da S.Maria di Leuca a Otranto (ma la più bella paesaggisticamente).
Anche ad agosto, col solleone non si suda, (ma si beve tantissimo).
Departure 20-25 July 2020
Online from 30 July 2020L'itinerario merita la fatica, da evitare l'estate per chi soffre parecchio il caldo. Munirsi di pantaloni da ciclista o coprisella in gel per le strade dissestate in alcuni punti, dal momento che le bici non sono ammortizzate.
Per il resto tutto abbastanza bene
Departure 13-18 July 2020
Online from 28 July 2020Giro molto bello dal punto di vista paesaggistico, in particolare la tappa da Santa Maria di Leuca a Otranto.
Mare cristallino, con spiagge spettacolari che meritano l'appellativo di Maldive del Salento.
A Santa Maria di Leuca non perdetevi un giro in barca (Colaci nautica) per visitare le grotte con annesso bagno al largo.
Vacanza effettuata a metà luglio e resa gradevole dalla presenza costante di una fresca brezza di tramontana che ha accompagnato le nostre tappe.
Non dimenticatevi una deviazione alla cava di Bauxite alle porte di Otranto!!
Departure 23-28 September 2019
Online from 09 October 2019escursione meritevole da fare
Departure 02-07 September 2019
Online from 12 September 2019Una vacanza che mette d'accordo chi ama la cultura e chi ama il mare e la natura
Departure 17-22 June 2019
Online from 27 June 2019Il giro è splendido, l'assistenza è molto buona alla portata di tutti con bici con pedalata assistita. Lo consiglio vivamente, ottimi spunti di relax paesaggistici e culturali enogastronomici in questa nostra Italia.
Departure 13-18 May 2019
Online from 28 May 2019We had an amazing time on this bike trip - the route takes you through numerous landscapes - from arid Mediterranean surrounded by cactus to lush poppy fields in bloom and coastal mountains.
It's truly stunning.
From mid to late May, the summer season had not yet started in Puglia, so many of the towns and villages we rode through were quite sleepy, but this made the trip that much more peaceful and enjoyable, particularly after going to Amalfi afterward, which is a total circus of tourists and at least twice the price, if not quadruple.
I would absolutely recommend this trip and this company to anyone who is a moderate cyclist and enjoys stunning coastlines, landscapes and historic towns that are quiet and authentic ... also great, simply prepared seafood.
Departure 13-18 May 2019
Online from 23 May 2019Great holiday love Girolibero. Would love a cycling trip in Greece.