From Venice to Trieste
Towns and beaches of the ancient Serenissima Republic
from 490 €
6 Days / 5 Nights, 3* hotels
Web code IT253
SA 3.04 - 17.07 and 21.08 - 25.09.2021
Special departure dates for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 3.04 and 25.09.2021
Season 2: 4.04 - 14.05 and 12.09 - 24.09.2021
Season 3: 15.05 - 17.07 and 21.08 - 11.09.2021
Price per person
490 € in double room, 3* hotels
- 5 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- Ferry transfer on day 2 from Venice to Punta Sabbioni (bike not included)
- Private transfer by motorboat on day 3 from Lignano Sabbiadoro to Marano Lagunare (bike included)
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 10 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
140 € single room
80 € Season 2
130 € Season 3
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
55/85 € in Mestre
Trieste on request
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
75 € Touring bike
175 € E-bike
Additional bike accessories on demand:
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
90 € 3rd person in room
Day by Day
Individual arrival in Mestre, the mainland of Venice.
2. Mestre – Caorle or surroundings (65 km)
After a few kilometres by bike, you will take the ferry and then the vaporetto to reach Punta Sabbioni, north of Venice. From here you will cycle along the stunning seacoast and will have the chance to take a refreshing swim in the sea. The cycling route goes across the plains and the coast, among reeds and old “casoni” (constructions used by fishermen in the past during the fishing season).
The arrival into Caorle is wonderful, with its Sanctuary of our Lady of the Angel along the sea. Don’t miss a walk on the seaside, where famous artists carve the rocks every two years.
3. Caorle or surroundings – Marano Lagunare (60 km)
Today you will cycle between Veneto and Friuli, in a land rich in water and history. At the beginning, for a few kilometers you will follow the Livenza river, bordering the Ca’ Corniani property and its imposing farm (dating back to the end of the XIX century).
Past the hamlet La Salute di Livenza, you will come through a wide reclamation area north of Caorle lagoon and, once passed the Bosco delle Lame, you will head again towards the seacoast.
At the mouth of the Tagliamento river you will get to the sandy beaches of Bibione and, once at the dock of Lignano, you will take a private motorboat towards Marano Lagunare, ancient fishing village overlooking the lagoon. It is also possible to reach Lignano with the seasonal ferry leaving from Bibione.
4. Marano Lagunare– Aquileia/Grado (35/50 km)
In the rich and fertile plains of the Bassa Friulana you will get to Aquileia, whose important past is still visible between the imposing columns of its Roman Forum and the artworks of its ancient basilica. Guided by the scent of the sea, you will reach the sandy beach of Grado, the ancient harbour of Aquileia and famous for its Sea Thermal Baths since the XIX century.
5. Aquileia/Grado – Trieste (50/60 km)
A beautiful cycle route will lead you through the Nature Reserve of Valle Cavanata and the mounth of the Isonzo river, before reaching the beach of Marina Julia and then Monfalcone. Cycling on the panoramic coastal road, you will get to the Duino and Miramare castles, and will finally reach Trieste, the ancient port of the Habsburg Empire. You can shorten the stage by 30 km by taking the train from Monfalcone to Trieste (ticket not included in the tour price).
After breakfast, end of services.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 210/235 km
- Total vertical up: 300 m
- Terrain: 85% tarmac, 15% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: NO
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 5.
You will ride the first three stages along flat roads, across the plains of Veneto and Friuli, while in the last stage you will face a slight climb short after Monfalcone. Most of the tour is on secondary roads or cycle paths and follows regional cycling routes, all of them well indicated.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone.
How to get there
Mestre is connected with the following airports:
Venice: 10 km, Treviso: 35 km, Verona 120 Km, Trieste 120 km.
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3* hotels.
All rooms have en suite facilities. Some smaller hotels could be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Luggage labels
- Voucher for the private transfer Lignano Sabbiadoro - Marano Lagunare (bike included)
You will receive the 24 hours ACTV ferry ticket (bike transport not included) on the spot.
By your side
In the Final Tour Details you will find the contact phone numbers you can call during the tour in case of emergency.
The Girolibero team is always available for you at the office number during office hours.
2 Client reviews
Departure 17-22 August 2019
Online from 04 September 2019We'd a great time. Will definitely use Girolibero in the future....and will recommend it to others.
Departure 06-11 July 2019
Online from 16 July 2019Un viaggio stupendo, rilassante ed arricchente sia dal punto di vista culturale che paesaggistico, assolutamente consigliato!