Siena, Chianti District and Florence
from 630 €
8 Days / 7 Nights, 3* hotels (sometimes a cosy B&B in Colle Val D’Elsa)
Web code IT031
SA from 28.03 to 10.10.2020
Special departure dates for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 28.03 - 10.04 and 26.09 - 10.10.2020
Season 2: 11.04 - 15.05 and 6.09 - 25.09.2020
Season 3: 16.05 - 5.09.2020
Price per person
630 € in double room, 3* hotels (sometimes a cosy B&B in Colle Val D’Elsa)
- 7 nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast buffet
- Travel Guide, Maps, Roadbook
- Luggage transportation
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx 10-15 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
200 € single room
80 € season 2
120 € season 3
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
60/90 € in Siena
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
195 € E-bike
Additional bike accessories on demand:
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
100 € 3rd person in room
Day by Day
2. Siena – Radda in Chianti (45 km)
From Siena head north towards the beautiful village of Radda in Chianti. The remains of its ancient walls show the significance that this town had in the competition between Florence and Siena.
3. Radda in Chianti – Greve (40 km)
The route brings you to Greve over the rounded hills with beautiful views.
4. Greve – Florence (40 km)
You will cyle to Florence, capital of Tuscany, and admire the world famous artworks of Leonardo and Michelangelo.
5. Florence – Tavarnelle (40 km)
The village of Tavarnelle Val di Pesa has Roman origins; it is named after the ancient taverns offering accommodation and refreshment located along the road which linked Florence to Siena and thence to Rome.
6. Tavarnelle – Colle Val d’Elsa (45 km)
From Tavarnelle you cycle to Colle Val d’Elsa, which lies in the heart of Tuscany, in a strategically favourable position near the towns of Siena and Florence. It is situated on the via Francigena that connects Rome with the North. On the way you pass Certaldo, whose upper part has remained as it was in the Middle Ages. Further on you come across San Gimignano, which rises on a hill dominating the Val d’Elsa with its towers.
7. Colle Val d’Elsa – Siena (40 km)
From Colle Val d’Elsa you will cycle to the beautiful town of Siena, which is not only one of the most fascinating towns in Tuscany but is also in a particularly beautiful position, with lovely surroundings.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 250 km
- Total vertical up: 4,250 m
- Terrain: 95% tarmac, 5% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: NO
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: NO
Heavy, with sloping landscapes dotted with steeper inclines, but not overwhelmingly so. The daily distance is about 40 kilometres. Though the daily routes are not too long, they can be strenuous, so we do recommend being in reasonably good physical condition for this tour.
Hilly areas, numerous climbs and downhill stretches. Suitable for regular cyclists with a good level of fitness.
How to get there
Siena is connected with the following airports:
Florence: 85 Km, Pisa: 150 Km.
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3* hotels (sometimes a cosy B&B in Colle Val d’Elsa)
All rooms have en suite facilities; some hotels may be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
An insurance against theft and damage is included in the rental bike price. In cases of careless or improper behavior the insurance will not cover the costs.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
1 cycle computer
1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
1 water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets, suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
The Information Pack (one per room) includes:
- final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- luggage labels to be attached to each piece of luggage to be transported
- hotel vouchers to be handed in to the hotel reception upon arrival
Girolibero Greens booklets:
1) Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour.
Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
2) Detailed Maps of the itinerary: in colour and scaled 1:75.000/50.000, an altitude profile chart and maps of any historic city centres you will visit.
3) Roadbook describing the cycling route, stage by stage. Great on its own or in conjunction with the maps.
By your side
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
3 Client reviews
Departure 03-10 September 2016
Online from 15 September 2016Vacanza bella! Un susseguirsi di salite (alcune ripide) ed altrettante discese (allenante). Consigliata un po' di preparazione fisica o in assenza di questa bici elettrica .
È superfluo aggiungere che gli scenari del Chianti sono fantastici per non parlare di Siena e Firenze.
Online from 12 September 2016Giro bellissimo ma molto impegnativo.
Edith und Willy, Österreich
Online from 12 May 2016Liebe Anna,
Wir hatten eine wunderschöne Reise. Alles hat perfekt funktioniert. Die Hotels waren super. Die Radrouten waren sehr schön.
Wir freuen uns schon auf den Kathalog 2017, wo wir uns eine neue Reise aussuchen werden. Vielleicht nehmen wir auch Freunde mit,
die wir mit unserer Begeisterung angesteckt haben.
Vielen Dank für Deine nette Betreuung, das kompetente Service.
Bis zum nächsten Giro, ciao, ciao!!!!!!
Viele liebe Grüße aus Österreich