River Adige Cycle Route
Resia Pass to Verona/Mantua
from 690 €
8 Days / 7 Nights, mainly 3* hotels, with few 4* hotels and a cozy and typical guesthouse in Silandro
Web code IT015
WE, SA 21.04 - 2.10.2021
SU 27.06 - 22.08.2021
Special departure dates for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 2.05 - 21.05 and 22.09 - 2.10.2021
Season 2: 22.05 - 25.06 and 5.09 - 21.09.2021
Season 3: 21.04 - 1.05 and 26.06 - 4.09.2021
Price per person
690 € in double room, mainly 3* hotels, with few 4* hotels and a cozy and typical guesthouse in Silandro.
- 7 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome briefing in English
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- Transfer from Bolzano to Resia Pass
- 4-hour ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx 10-15 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
240 € single room
80 € season 2
120 € season 3
Extra nights in in double/single room with breakfast:
75/100 € in Bolzano
65/85 € in Verona
45/75 € 3* hotel in Mantua
from 85/125 € 4* hotel in Mantua
300 € transfer Verona-Bolzano (bike included, 1-8 people)
390 € transfer Mantova-Bolzano (bike included, 1-8 people)
Service available on Saturday (other days on request)
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
195 € E-bike
85 € Child bike
170 € Family and Adult Tandems
Additional bike accessories on demand:
85 € child trailer
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
Free of charge: child seat and FollowMe-Tandem
130€ 3rd adult in room
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated on the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following table:
100% 0-2 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 3-6 years
30% 7-10 years
Day by Day
Individual arrival. Bolzano is a famous commercial and tourist centre and also a historical and cultural connection between the Italian and the German world.
2. Resiapass – Silandro (50 km)
We will drive you to Resia up to 1500 metres of height, where your cycling tour starts. The majestic cycle lane will take you past the lake Resia and the cloister of Montemaria near Silandro.
3. Silandro – Merano (40 km)
The tour continues along the river Adige, passing through orchards and nice landmarks like the imposing Castle Dornsberg. You arrive in the beautiful city of Merano.
4. Merano – Bolzano/surroundings (35/40 Km)
Cycling on cycle paths and secondary roads you will reach the confluence of the rivers Isarco and Adige. Along the way you will admire the biggest apple plantation in Europe and in Lana you can even visit the apple museum.
5. Bolzano/surroundings – Trento (70/65 Km)
Cycling along the lane you follow the river Adige beside apple orchards, vineyards and through the villages of Ora, Egna and Salorno. Along the river banks you ride towards Trento. Possibility to shorten the stage by taking the train in several train stations along the way.
6. Trento – Desenzano/Peschiera (50 km by bike + ferry)
You’ll reach the northern part of Lake Garda. Before leaving for Riva, don’t miss the sight of the lake from above! The ferry cruise takes you to the southern part of the lake. The boat excursion alone makes the whole trip worthwhile.
7. Desenzano/Peschiera – Verona (60/35 km)
Today you head to Verona, one of the most important and beautiful cities of Italy.
Departure after breakfast.
7. Desenzano/Peschiera – Mantua (70/45 km)
Today you will follow one of the most famous Italian cycle paths, passing through the villages of Borghetto and Valeggio sul Mincio. The trip ends in Mantua, wonderful art city.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
In case of strike, bad weather conditions, technical breakdowns, safety problems or any other reason preventing the regular departure of the ferry boat (from Riva del Garda to Peschiera/Desenzano), the ferry boat company can delay, cancel or deviate the navigation without notice.
In case of cancellation the ferry boat service will be replaced by alternative means of transport (usually by bus). The same applies if the ferry boat service is no longer foreseen (for example at the end of the season).
- Total length: 280/310 km
- Total vertical up: 510/990 m
- Terrain: 95% tarmac, 5% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: every day except day 7
Mainly along flat roads with only a few rolling parts. The region of South Tyrol is provided with an excellently built cycle lanes system. You can ride almost exclusively on well planned, traffic free cycle lanes, part of which run along the Adige banks.
Towards Lake Garda there is a bit more challenging climb to face.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone.
This tour is also suitable for children. The longest stage, from Bolzano to Trento, can be shortened by taking the train.
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports:
Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated mainly in 3* hotels, with few 4* hotels and a cozy and typical guesthouse in Silandro.
All hotels have en suite facilities. Some hotels located in mountainous places of northern Italy can be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent:
- Child bikes | 20” wheels | 24” wheels
- Child seat | max 22 kg | 1-5 yrs
- Child trailer | max 35 kg | 1-4 yrs | 1 seat | www.croozer.com
- Follow-me tandem for 20” child bike | max 30 kg | 6-8 yrs | www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Family tandem | 1 adult + 1 child 6-8 yrs
These accessories can only be mounted on unisex 27-gear Shimano Deore Touring bikes.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets, suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Luggage labels
- Voucher for the transfer Bolzano-Resia Pass
- Garda Lake ferry-boat voucher: show this voucher to the ticket office in Riva del Garda to get your passage by ferry-boat to Peschiera or Desenzano del Garda
By your side
On day 2 (first cycling day) a transfer from Bolzano to Resia lake will take place between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m.
During the transfer you can ask further information on the tour and once at the Resia lake you will be delivered the rental bikes.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
7 Client reviews
Departure 11-18 September 2019
Online from 02 October 2019Percorso semplice e affascinante. Pochissime possibilità di errore nel decidere il percorso. Siamo stati fortunatissimi con temperature elevate e niente pioggia!
Departure 27 July - 03 August 2019
Online from 08 August 2019
Departure 29 June - 06 July 2019
Online from 15 July 2019We did really enjoy this tour.
Departure 26 June - 03 July 2019
Online from 08 July 2019Toller Urlaub, wir würden sofort wieder fahren.
Online from 16 May 2016
Everything first class. Bikes great, luggage transfer excellent, route finding documentation spot on, Hotels wonderful (but let's say average for the Albergo Alle Torre in Merano). Company staff (especially Daniel in Bolzano) really nice. Would definitely recommend!
Online from 13 May 2016
Thank you for organising an amazing experience. Everything was terrific ... Hotels, bikes, luggage transfers, and wonderful route-finding documentation. I thoroughly recommend this to any moderate cyclist! Thanks
Bruce A - USA
Online from 03 March 2010Hi all. Just returned from our trip to the Dolomites. Beautiful area and such a contrast with such a strong German influence. Further random thoughts: Girolibero - excellent company and staff. Recommended. Bikes - excellent, light, properly maintained save for brakes which needed some attention. Pannier and cyclometer on each....nice. Itinerary - very good as it included mostly dedicated bike/ped. paths and passed through many apple orchards and vineyards. Some pleasant villages. Limited competition with auto traffic. Hotels - there was one really wonderful four * hotel (Grand Hotel, Trento) and one very good three * hotel (Hotel Scala, Bolzano). All hotels had pleasant reception staff. Breakfasts ranged from excellent (Grand Hotel) to just so-so (Hotel Puccini, Peschiera)... Pet peeve is lack of WiFi in some of the hotels. Maps/Guide - excellent and in English. Suggestions: include north on all along with a scale. A better city scale would be helpful as the somewhat gross city maps only put you near a hotel so successive approximations were the norm in finding most. Bottom line - definitely would recommend this trip and the tour operator. Thanks for booking the trip and hope to book more in the future. Cheers, Bruce A