Brenner Pass to Verona
From South Tyrol to Garda Lake
from 700 €
7 Days / 6 Nights, 3/4* hotels
Web code IT032
TH, FR 14.04 - 6.10.2022
Special departure dates for at least 6 people.
Season 1 | 14.04 - 20.04 and 22.09 - 6.10.2022
Season 2 | 21.04 - 18.05 and 8.09 - 21.09.2022
Season 3 | 19.05 - 7.09.2022
Price per person
Season 1 | 14.04 - 20.04 and 22.09 - 6.10.2022
700 € in double room
920 € in single room
580 € 3rd person in triple room
- 6 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- App including maps, roadbook, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- Transfer from Bolzano to Brenner Pass
- 4-hours ferry cruise on Lake Garda (bike included)
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 10-15 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
60 € season 2 | 21.04 - 18.05 and 8.09 - 21.09.2022
100 € season 3 | 19.05 - 7.09.2022
Girolibero rental bikes
including insurance against theft and damage
85 € Touring bike
220 € E-bike
15 € Helmet | head circumferences 54-61 cm
in double / single room with breakfast
75 / 125 € in Bolzano
70 / 95 € in Verona
Day by Day
2. Brenner Pass – Bressanone (85 km by transfer + 55 km by bike)
A private transfer will take you to Brenner, where you’ll start cycling into the green Isarco valley. Your cycling day continues without difficulties through nice villages and green meadows till Fortezza, where you will see the ancient fort. Lake Varna awaits you for a relaxing break before you reach Bressanone.
3. Bressanone – Bolzano (45 km)
Continue along the same cycle path, with few kms today: you’ll have the opportunity to visit the huge Sabiona medieval monastery, built on a rocky-hill and dominating the Isarco-valley. Overnight in Bolzano.
4. Bolzano – Trento (65/70 km)
You will ride along the Adige River, through orchards and vineyards, passing the villages of Ora, Egna and Salorno. The dam pathways lead then to Trento.
5. Trento – Desenzano/Peschiera (50 km by bike + ferry)
Always pedalling along the river Adige you reach Rovereto and Mori. After a short ascent, a refreshing descent will follow and lead you to Torbole and to Riva. The ferry cruise takes you to the southern part of the lake.
6. Desenzano/Peschiera – Verona (60/35 km)
Today you head to Verona. Worth visiting are: the Roman Arena, the Church of San Zeno and Juliet’s House.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
In case of strike, bad weather conditions, technical breakdowns, safety problems or any other reason preventing the regular departure of the ferry boat (from Riva del Garda to Peschiera/Desenzano), the ferry boat company can delay, cancel or deviate the navigation without notice.
In case of cancellation the ferry boat service will be replaced by alternative means of transport (usually by bus). The same applies if the ferry boat service is no longer foreseen (for example at the end of the season).
- Total length: 250/280 km
- Total vertical up: 470/690 m
- Terrain: 95% tarmac, 5% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 2, 3, 4 and 5.
The itinerary is mainly on one of the most beautiful cycle paths in Italy, the river Adige cycle route.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone.
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports:
Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following websites: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3/4* hotels.
All rooms have en suite facilities. Most hotels have air conditioning while some smaller hotels and hotels located in mountain areas of northern Italy can be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag per room
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
We recommend that you bring your own reusable water bottle with you.
In order to cycle smoothly following our App, we suggest that you bring with you a holder for your mobile phone to be fixed on the handlebar, as well as a power bank (even if the App can be used offline, too).
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, roadboook, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list (due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may change just before your arrival)
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Voucher for the transfer from Bolzano to Brenner Pass
- Garda Lake ferry-boat voucher: show this voucher to the ticket office in Riva del Garda to get your passage by ferry-boat to Peschiera or Desenzano del Garda
By your side
In the Final Tour Details you will find the contact phone numbers you can call during the tour in case of emergency.
2 Client reviews
Departure 22-28 August 2019
Online from 08 September 2019Bellissima vacanza, per noi era la prima volta. Ci siamo divertiti, abbiamo visto dei paesaggi incantevoli e conosciuto altri ciclisti simpatici lungo il cammino. Il percorso non è completamente in discesa ma decisamente fattibile per una persona mediamente attiva.
È stato un buon modo di conoscere Girolibero e non vediamo l'ora di intraprendere la prossima vacanza in bicicletta.
Online from 28 August 2017Bonnie and I finished our Innsbruck to Verona trip about two weeks ago, and I'm just getting around to writing you now (sorry to take so long) to tell you what a wonderful time we had. Beautiful mountain scenery, great weather, excellent food and superb wine; it doesn't get any better than that! I can see why you said that this is one of Girolibero's most beloved tours. We are already looking forward to next year. I will try to get myself into good cycling condition for the Piedmont tour.