Innsbruck to Verona
From the Alps to Lake Garda
from 650 €
7 Days / 6 Nights, 3/4* hotels
Web code IT032
TH, FR 02.04 - 2.10.2020
Special departure dates for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 2.04 - 22.04 and 24.09 - 2.10.2020
Season 2: 23.04 - 20.05 and 5.09 - 23.09.2020
Season 3: 21.05 - 4.09.2020
Price per person
650 € in double room, 3/4* hotels
- 6 overnights
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing in English
- Travel Guide, Maps, Roadbook
- Transfer from Innsbruck to Brennero
- 4-hours ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Luggage transportation
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 10-15 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
210 € single room
60 € season 2
100 € season 3
Extra nights in in double/single room with breakfast:
70/100 € in Innsbruck
65/85 € in Verona
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
195 € E-bike
Additional bike accessories on demand:
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
120 € 3rd person in room
Day by Day
2. Innsbruck – Bressanone (40 km transfer + 55 km by bike)
A private transfer will take you to Brennero, where you’ll start cycling into the green Isarco valley. Your cycling day continues without difficulties through nice villages and green meadows till Fortezza, where you will see the ancient fort. Lake Varna awaits you for a relaxing break before you reach Bressanone.
3. Bressanone – Bolzano (45 km)
Continue along the same cycle path, with few kms today: you’ll have the opportunity to visit the huge Sabiona medieval monastery, built on a rocky-hill and dominating the Isarco-valley. Overnight in Bolzano.
4. Bolzano – Trento (65/70 km)
You will ride along the Adige River, through orchards and vineyards, passing the villages of Ora, Egna and Salorno. The dam pathways lead then to Trento.
5. Trento – Desenzano/Peschiera (50 km by bike + ferry)
Always pedalling along the river Adige you reach Rovereto and Mori. After a short ascent, a refreshing descent will follow and lead you to Torbole and to Riva. The ferry cruise takes you to the southern part of the lake.
6. Desenzano/Peschiera – Verona (60/35 km)
Today you head to Verona. Worth visiting are: the Roman Arena, the Church of San Zeno and Juliet’s House.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
In case of strike, bad weather conditions, technical breakdowns, safety problems or any other reason preventing the regular departure of the ferry boat (from Riva del Garda to Peschiera/Desenzano), the ferry boat company can delay, cancel or deviate the navigation without notice.
In case of cancellation the ferry boat service will be replaced by alternative means of transport (usually by bus). The same applies if the ferry boat service is no longer foreseen (for example at the end of the season).
- Total length: 250/280 km
- Total vertical up: 470/690 m
- Terrain: 95% tarmac, 5% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 3, 4 and 5.
The itinerary is mainly on one of the most beautiful cycle paths in Italy, the river Adige cycle route.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone.
How to get there
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3/4* hotels.
All hotels have en suite facilities. Some hotels located in mountainous places of Austria and northern Italy can be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
An insurance against theft and damage is included in the rental bike price. In cases of careless or improper behavior the insurance will not cover the costs.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
1 cycle computer
1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
1 water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
The Information Pack (one per room) includes:
- final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- luggage labels to be attached to each piece of luggage to be transported
- hotel vouchers to be handed in to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Lake Garda ferry-boat voucher: give this voucher to the ticket office in Riva del Garda to get your passage by ferry-boat to Peschiera or Desenzano del Garda.
Girolibero Greens booklets:
1) Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour.
Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
2) Detailed Maps of the itinerary: in colour and scaled 1:75.000/50.000, an altitude profile chart and maps of any historic city centres you will visit.
3) Roadbook describing the cycling route, stage by stage. Great on its own or in conjunction with the maps.
By your side
On day 2 (first cycling day) a transfer from Innsbruck to Brennero will take place between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m.
During the transfer you can ask further information on the tour and once at the Brennero you will be delivered the rental bikes.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
2 Client reviews
Departure 22-28 August 2019
Online from 08 September 2019Bellissima vacanza, per noi era la prima volta. Ci siamo divertiti, abbiamo visto dei paesaggi incantevoli e conosciuto altri ciclisti simpatici lungo il cammino. Il percorso non è completamente in discesa ma decisamente fattibile per una persona mediamente attiva.
È stato un buon modo di conoscere Girolibero e non vediamo l'ora di intraprendere la prossima vacanza in bicicletta.
Online from 28 August 2017Bonnie and I finished our Innsbruck to Verona trip about two weeks ago, and I'm just getting around to writing you now (sorry to take so long) to tell you what a wonderful time we had. Beautiful mountain scenery, great weather, excellent food and superb wine; it doesn't get any better than that! I can see why you said that this is one of Girolibero's most beloved tours. We are already looking forward to next year. I will try to get myself into good cycling condition for the Piedmont tour.