Peschiera, Verona and Mincio river
from 550 €
7 Days / 6 Nights, 3* hotel
Web code IT024
Every day 3.04 - 2.10.2021
Season 1: 3.04 - 23.04 and 25.09 - 2.10.2021
Season 2: 24.04 - 14.05 and 30.08 - 24.09.2021
Season 3: 15.05 - 29.08.2021
Price per person
550 € in double room, 3* hotel
- 6 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Train tickets Desenzano-Peschiera and Verona-Peschiera
- Ferry ticket Peschiera-Garda
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx 8 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
200 € single room
80 € season 2
120 € season 3
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
from 60/85 € in Peschiera del Garda
65/85 € in Verona
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
195 € E-bike
Additional bike accessories on demand:
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
100 € 3rd person in room
Day by Day
1. Arrival in Peschiera del Garda, a veritable fortress-city completely surrounded by water, an architectural jewel of art and culture.
2. Peschiera round tour (40 km)
First day on bike among fruit plantations and vineyards of the eminent still white wine Lugana, characteristic of this region. You arrive in Solferino, the site of the famous battle that ended the Italian Second War of Independence, providing the basis for a united Italy.
3. Desenzano round tour (45 km)
In search of another highly-valued place on the west bank of the lake, you will ride on to Desenzano for a round tour on the sweet morainic hills. For the less athletic, the town offers various possibilities to spend several hours relaxing peacefully on the banks of the lake. Transfer by train from Desenzano to Peschiera for the overnight.
4. Garda round tour (ferry + 30 km by bike)
Today you’ll cycle among hills and hamlets surrounding the lake, thanks to a short ferry transfer to Garda, the small town which gave its name to the lake. Once in Garda, you’ll start cycling towards Bardolino, famous for the red wine, and from there you’ll go back to Peschiera, crossing the sweet lake landscape.
5. Verona round tour (40 km)
Pedal towards Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet, with the river Adige passing through it; this is one of the most beautiful cities in Veneto. Don’t miss the Roman Arena, the stunning Church of San Zeno and, naturally, Juliet’s House. Transfer by train from Verona to Peschiera del Garda for the overnight.
6. Borghetto/Custoza round tour (40 km)
Following the river Mincio you’ll cycle along the most famous Italian cycle path, until you reach lovely Borghetto, one of the “most beautiful hamlets of Italy”. On the nearby hill you can visit Valeggio, famous for the typical tortellini and the park Sigurtà. Then you‘ll go on among the hills until Custoza, battle field during the Italian Risorgimento and today well-known for its DOC wine, the “Bianco di Custoza”. Finally you’ll go back to Peschiera along quiet country roads.
7. Peschiera del Garda
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
In case of strike, bad weather conditions, technical breakdowns, safety problems or any other reason preventing the regular departure of the ferry boat (from Peschiera to Garda), the ferry boat company can delay, cancel or deviate the navigation without notice.
- Total length: 170/190 km
- Total vertical up: 950/1140 m
- Terrain: 90% tarmac, 10% unpaved
You will ride along routes which are on rural/secondary roads or cycle paths in the area of Garda Lake. The entrance to Verona has slightly more traffic but only for a short stretch.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone.
How to get there
Peschiera is connected with the following airports:
Verona: 25 km, Bergamo: 95 km, Venice: 150 km.
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We have personally chosen the hotel mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in a 3* hotel.
All rooms have en suite facilities and are equipped with air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list
- Hotel voucher to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Garda Lake ferry-boat voucher
You will receive the train tickets Desenzano-Peschiera and Verona-Peschiera on the spot.
By your side
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
1 Client reviews
Departure 08-14 September 2019
Online from 20 September 2019Ci siamo divertiti molto in posti veramente ameni