Loire Valley Short Break
The highlights from Orléans to Tours
from 465 €
6 Days / 5 Nights, Cat. B
Web code FR004
SA 17.04 - 18.09.2021
SU 23.05 - 29.08.2021
Special departure dates for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 17.04 - 30.04 and 4.09 - 18.09.2021
Season 2: 1.05 - 25.06 and 23.08 - 3.09.2021
Season 3: 26.06 - 22.08.2021
Price per person
465 € in double room, Cat. B: 2/3* hotels
535 € in double room, Cat. A: 3/4* hotels
- 5 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome briefing in English
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- Hotline service
- Hotel taxes
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
155/175 € single room (Cat. B/A)
60 € season 2
95 € season 3
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
60/95 € in Orléans, Cat B and A
55/85 € in Tours, Cat. B
65/100 € in Tours, Cat. A
Transfer Tours-Orléans: on request for min. 4 guests
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
195 € E-bike
Additional bike accessories on demand:
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
90/105 € 3rd person in room (Cat. B/A)
Day by Day
Individual arrival in Orléans, homeland of Joan of Arc.
2. Orléans – Beaugency/St. Dyé (30/50 km)
You pedal along the Loire alternating cycle paths with back roads. After a visit to Meung-sur-Loire you arrive at the Chateau Dunois, with the beautiful medieval centre of Beaugency. A land full of water and culture will lead the way to the beautiful town of St. Dyé, an ancient river harbour.
3. Beaugency/St. Dyé – Blois (50/30 km)
From the huge park surrounding Chambord Castle today’s trip continues at the border of the forest of Boulogne. On the other side of the Loire crowded with a wonderful bridge, you can already see the profile of Blois and its castle, the steeples of the abbey and the Cathedral of St. Louis standing out.
4. Blois – Amboise (45 km)
After the visit of the city of Blois and its impres- sive castle, you pedal along the Loire river. Here you can visit the castle of Chaumont built on the top of a hill overlooking the river. In Amboise you cannot miss the house where Leonardo da Vinci spent the last years of his life.
5. Amboise – Tours (55 km)
After the forest of Amboise you arrive in Chenonceaux, known as the castle of the three ladies. You continue along the river Cher up to the city of Tours. You may also decide to stop for a visit at the castle of Nitray with its famous wine cellars.
After breakfast end of services.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 180 km
- Total vertical up: 770 m
- Terrain: 90% tarmac, 10% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: every day
On this tour you cycle through the wonderful Loire Valley. This cycle trip is not very demanding, though sometimes there are some hilly sections. The daily stages are not very long – always about 50 kms – mostly in the lowlands. The itinerary is mainly on cycle paths or paved roads with a low volume of traffic.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone.
How to get there
Orléans is connected with the following airports:
Tours: 110 km, Paris: 140 km.
Public transportation in Paris
For further information on timetables and prices of the public transportation in Paris: www.ratp.info. Underground tickets:
- single ticket €1.90
- ticket t+ (10 tickets) € 14.50 (change to every public means of transportation within 1.5 hours)
For further information on train timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.sncf.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
According to your category of choice you will be accommodated in:
- Cat. A: 3/4* hotels
- Cat. B: 2/3* hotels
All rooms have en suite facilities. In some 2* hotels there may be some cases of accommodation without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Luggage labels
By your side
In Orléans you will meet our representative who:
- will illustrate the tour
- will deliver your bikes
- will be available (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
8 Client reviews
Departure 08-13 August 2020
Online from 24 August 2020
Departure 11-16 August 2019
Online from 30 August 2019Vacanza bellissima, l'itinerario non presenta difficoltà e si snoda fra i castelli più importanti e conosciuti della Loira, alcuni sono veramente spettacolari. A seconda delle aspettative di pernottamento occorre valutare attentamente le sistemazioni.
Departure 04-09 August 2019
Online from 17 August 2019La Loira in bici é un bel giro ma bisogna organizzare bene i tempi se si vogliono vedere i castelli che richiedono minimo due ore di visita: da non perdere i castelli di Chambord, Amboise e Chenonceau.....sono spettacolari!
Departure 10-15 July 2019
Online from 21 July 2019Viaggio bellissimo per il nostro gruppo di 11 amiche, tra incantevoli paesaggi naturali e grandiosi palazzi reali. Ottima organizzazione, grande assistenza sia da parte dell'ufficio (nella fase precedente la partenza) che da parte del referente in loco. Posti meravigliosi e molto ben segnalati.
Departure 30 June - 05 July 2019
Online from 10 July 2019Eravamo alla prima esperienza di vacanza in bici e siamo tornati entusisti con la voglia di ripartire. Organizzazione perfetta (bici, alberghi, mappe, indicazioni e materiale informativo per una fruizione individuale).
Il percorso è alla portata di tutti, se piace pedalare e mettere in conto un po' di fatica...ben ripagata da luoghi e paesaggi che s'incontrano.
Departure 12-17 August 2017
Online from 22 August 2017viaggio consigliatissimo: posti bellissimi ed ottima organizzazione
Departure 06-11 August 2017
Online from 21 August 2017Bella esperienza. Da tenere in conto il fatto che è possibile incontrare frequenti temporali e vento freddo. Attrezzatevi!
Departure 07-12 August 2016
Online from 12 September 2016Vacanza meravigliosa e che replicheremo. Non avevo mai fatto una vacanza in bici ed amici ci hanno consigliato voi. Organizzazione perfetta. il signore che ci ha accolto è stato veramente gentile e ci ha dato alcune "dritte" che ci hanno aiutato. Strutture da voi prenotate semplici ma alcune veramente deliziose con personale gentile e comode al centro delle varie città. Bagagli sempre presenti al ns. arrivo nei vari alberghi. Ringrazio davvero e ci rivolgeremo nuovamente a voi per le ns. future vacanze su due ruote.