SA 25.05 and 07.09.2019
Price per person
1190 € in double room, 3* hotels, agriturismi and B&B
- 7 nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast buffet
- 7 dinners (beverages not included)
- English-speaking guide
- Luggage transportation
- Support van on days 3 and 4
- Tickets for ferries to Carloforte and Calasetta
- Entry to museums and archaeological sites with assistance of local professional guides
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 10-15 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
180 € single room
95 € bike
200 € E-bike
Transfers (min. 2 people, to be requested when booking the tour):
70 € transfer Cagliari-Cabras
95 € transfer Alghero-Cabras
25 € Oristano-Cabras
45 € Pula-Cagliari
90 € Pula-Cabras
(transfer for own bikes 15€/bike)
Day by Day
Transfer or independent arrival to Cabras.
2. Cabras-Sinis-Oristano-Arborea (approx. 70 km, elevation up 150)
Start your trip with an optional loop of the fascinating Sinis wetlands where we will see colonies of pink flamingos, quartz beaches and reach one of the most beautiful spots on the island: the Pho- enician ruins of Tharros. Then cross the town of the medieval historic centre of Oristano to reach Arborea.
3. Arborea-Piscinas-Arbus (approx. 50 km, elevation up 540/1060 m)
Cycle through the natural beauty spots of the Costa Verde to the Piscinas beach with its sands dunes over 50 m high – some of the highest in Europe.
4. Arbus–Nebida/Gonnesa (approx. 40 km, elevation up 910 m)
This leg takes you back into the ancient mining past of Sardinia, as we pass the fascinating aban- doned mines of Planusartu and Acquaresi. After the golden beach of Portixeddu and looming mass of Pan di Zucchero cliff, you admire the old ore washery at Nebida.
5. Nebida/Gonnesa–Caloforte-Calasetta/Sant’Antioco (approx. 45 km, elevation up 230 m)
After a beautiful descent to Fontanamare, you will reach Portoscuso, and board on the ferry to Carloforte, where locals still fish the Red Tuna fish. From Carloforte, continue to the island of Sant’Antioco and end your day in Calasetta.
6. Calasetta/Sant’Antioco–S. Anna Arresi/Porto Pino (approx. 40 km, elevation up 220 m)
Riding through vineyards and olive grows savour the quiet peace of the rolling plains of Sulcis. At Tratalias, visit the Pisan sanctuary, one of the most important monuments of the Sardinian Romanesque period.
7. S. Anna Arresi/Porto Pino–Pula (approx. 55 km, elevation up 560 m)
Final catwalk of your tour is the beautiful Costa del Sud with its gleaming white beaches, unspoilt natural landscape and imposing cliffs: Cape Malfatano with its 16th Century tower and Cape Spartivento. At Nora you will visit the ancient Phoenician settlement.
After breakfast, end of services.
- Total length: 280/300 km
- Total vertical up: 2610/3130 m
- Terrain: 90% asphalt, 10% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: NO
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: NO
The route runs on a terrain which is rugged in parts, with high cliffs ascending from the coast, interspersed with long sandy beaches, grass-covered dunes and breathtaking views. Two days are quite hard and hilly. The prevailing wind blows from north west.
Moderate: hilly areas, numerous climbs and downhill stretches. Suitable for regular cyclists with a good level of fitness.
How to get there
Cabras is connected with the following airports: Cagliari 110 km, Alghero 130 km, Olbia 175 km
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort.
You will be accommodated in 3* hotels, agriturismi and B&B.
All rooms have en suite facilities; some hotels may be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
At the moment of booking, you can choose among the following bikes:
- City bike 27 gear available with unisex/female or male frame
E-Bike rentals must be credit card protected.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- Ortlieb back roller pannier classic, capacity 20lt
The tour leader will be carrying all the needed material, such as repair kit and lock.
At your arrival at the first hotel of your tour you will receive a welcome pack containing:
- Hotel List: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may vary just before your arrival
- Luggage labels to be attached to each piece of luggage to be trasported.
By your side
In Cabras you will meet your tour leader who:
- will illustrate the tour
- will deliver your bikes
- will be available (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
English speaking tour leader for the whole trip. Our tour leaders are carefully selected and rigorously trained to guide a group on bike . They are experienced enthusiastic travelers and can give you useful hints. Also, they can help you in case of technical problems with your bike.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
New program and prices coming soon.Close