Short break from Pisa to Florence
from 460 €
5 Days / 4 Nights, 3/4* hotel
Web code IT242
SA 27.03 - 9.10.2021
Special departure dates for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 27.03 - 23.04 and 25.09 - 9.10.2021
Season 2: 24.04 - 14.05 and 5.09 - 24.09.2021
Season 3: 15.05 - 4.09.2021
Price per person
460 € in double room, 3/4* hotels
- 4 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome briefing in English
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx 10-15 €)
- Train transfers
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
140 € single room
60 € season 2
90 € season 3
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
60/90 € in Pisa
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
60 € Touring bike
125 € E-bike
Additional bike accessories on demand:
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
70 € 3rd person in room
Day by Day
Individual arrival. The city is famous all over the world for its magic Piazza dei Miracoli with the characteristic leaning tower, the bell tower of the city cathedral. Part of the UNESCO World Heritage list since 1987, besides a large number of monuments it also offers the friendly and lively atmosphere of a university city.
2. Pisa – Lucca (30/45 km)
Cycling across the northern part of the so called “Piana di Pisa”, you will reach the river Serchio and will start pedalling on the beautiful cycling path which will take you to the impressive Lucca’s walls. Alternatively, you can cycle to the close Massaciuccoli Lake in the Chiarone nature reserve.
3. Lucca – Montecatini Terme (45 km)
Following the cycle path of the river Serchio you will get to the base of the Lucchesia green hills. You will cycle along quiet country roads where you will have the chance to admire majestic villas. With a small effort you can reach Collodi, the town of Pinocchio, with the wonderful garden of Villa Garzoni. Afterwards you will get to the medieval hamlet of Pescia with its flower market and finally you will arrive in Montecatini, one of the most famous thermal destinations in Europe.
4. Montecatini – Florence (50/65 km)
Today you have to choose either to start pedalling directly from Montecatini or to shorten the trip through a short train transfer to Pistoia, rich in Romanesque and Renaissance monuments (in particular churches) and having one of the most evocative squares in Italy: Piazza del Duomo (Cathedral Square). From here back onto the saddle, to reach Florence.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 125/155 km
- Total vertical up: 450/780 m
- Terrain: 85% tarmac, 15% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: every day
The itinerary runs mostly on a flat area with some hilly parts which do not require particular athletic skills. It develops on secondary roads with little traffic, with few unpaved stretches.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone.
How to get there
Pisa is connected with the following airports:
Pisa: about 5 km, Florence: about 90 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3/4* hotels.
All rooms have en suite facilities and air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets, suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Luggage labels
By your side
In Pisa you will meet our representative who:
- will illustrate the tour
- will deliver your bikes
- will be available (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00 which will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
2 Client reviews
Departure 14-18 September 2019
Online from 23 September 2019Challenging at times with the very hot weather and some hills.
We have travelled with you twice before. Innsbruck to Venice and L Garda to Po delta, and we preferred these routes.
Departure 06-10 July 2019
Online from 17 July 2019Great!