River Adige Cycle Route Short Break
Resia Pass to Bolzano
from 420 €
5 days / 4 nights, 3* hotels and guesthouse
Web code IT030
WE, SA 21.04 - 2.10.2021
SU 27.06 - 22.08.2021
Special departure dates for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 2.05 - 21.05 and 22.09 - 2.10.2021
Season 2: 22.05 - 25.06 and 5.09 - 21.09.2021
Season 3: 21.04 - 1.05 and 26.06 - 4.09.2021
Price per person
420 € in double room, 3* hotels and a guesthouse in Silandro
- 4 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome briefing in English
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- Transfer Bolzano-Resiapass
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 8 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
130 € single room
70 € season 2
110 € season 3
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
75/100 € in Bolzano
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
60 € Touring bike
125 € E-bike
60 € Child bike
120 € Family and Adult Tandems
Additional bike accessories on demand:
85 € child trailer
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
Free of charge: child seat and FollowMe-Tandem
70 € 3rd adult in room
The quote of the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated off the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following reductions:
100% 0-2 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 3-6 years
30% 7-10 years
Day by Day
Individual arrival. Bolzano is a famous commercial and tourist centre and also a historical and cultural connection between the Italian and the German world.
2. Resiapass – Silandro (50 km)
We will drive you to Resia up to 1500 metres of height, where your cycling tour starts. The majestic cycle lane will take you past the lake Resia and the cloister of Montemaria near Silandro.
3. Silandro – Merano (40 km)
The tour continues along the river Adige, passing through orchards and nice landmarks like the imposing Castle Dornsberg. You arrive in the beautiful city of Merano.
4. Merano – Bolzano (35 km)
Still cycling along the cycle lane you reach little towns like Nalles and Andriano and your destination, Bolzano. Take your time for a walk around the capital of the South Tyrol.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 125 km
- Total vertical up: 240 m
- Terrain: 95% tarmac, 5% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: every day
Mainly along flat roads with only a few rolling parts. The region of South Tyrol is provided with an excellently built cycle lanes system. You can ride almost exclusively on well planned, traffic free cycle lanes, part of which run along the river Adige.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone, children included.
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports:
Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3* hotels with a cozy and typical guest-house in Silandro.
All hotels have en suite facilities. Some hotels located in mountainous places of northern Italy can be without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofabed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent:
- Child bikes | 20” wheels | 24” wheels
- Child seat | max 22 kg | 1-5 yrs
- Child trailer | max 35 kg | 1-4 yrs | 1 seat | www.croozer.com
- Follow-me tandem for 20” child bike | max 30 kg | 6-8 yrs | www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Family tandem | 1 adult + 1 child 6-8 yrs
These accessories can only be mounted on unisex 27-gear Shimano Deore Touring bikes.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Luggage labels
- Voucher for the transfer from Bolzano to Resia
By your side
On day 2 (first cycling day) a transfer from Bolzano to Resia lake will take place between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m.
During the transfer you can ask further information on the tour and once at the Resia lake you will be delivered the rental bikes.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
1 Client reviews
Online from 07 November 2016Etwas spät, aber ich möchte nicht versäumen Ihnen eine Rückmeldung über unsere Radtour "Etschradweg bis Venedig" zu geben.
Begeistert waren wir von dem 1.Teil unserer Tour. Wunderschöne Landschaft, immer bergab und sehr gut zu befahren. Wobei uns auch der 2. Teil gefallen hat.
Die schönen kleinen Ortschaften durch Wein- und Obstplantagen, sehr schön. Leider oft auf der Straße ohne Fahrradwege. Alles war sehr gut ausgeschildert, wir hatten selten Mühe, den Weg zu finden. Über die " grünen Pfeile " waren wir immer sehr erfreut.
Die Unterkünfte waren gut ausgesucht. Nur in Meran wären wir gerne mehr im Centrum gewesen.
Von Verona nach Vicenza wären wir gerne durch die Berge über Arcugnano geradelt. Leider war die Strecke dann doch etws zu lang. Vielleicht hätten wir eine Übernachtung mehr einlegen sollen. Venedig war toll aber viel zu voll!!
Im Rückblick würden wir diese Tour gerne noch einmal radeln, nur etwas später im Jahr. Vielleicht Ende September, da ist es weniger heiß.
Ihnen vielen Dank für die gute Ausarbeitung. Wir haben und werden girolibero weiter empfehlen.
Liebe Grüße aus dem kühlen Norden