Venice Lands Short Break
Venice Lagoon round tour
from 395 €
5 Days / 4 Nights, 3/4* hotels
Web code IT016
TU, WE 24.03 - 21.10.2020
Special departures dates for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 24.03 - 27.04 and 6.10 - 21.10.2020
Season 2: 28.04 - 22.06 and 8.09 - 5.10.2020
Season 3: 23.06 - 7.09.2020
Price per person
395 € in double room, 3/4* hotels
- 4-nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing
- Travel Guide, Maps, Roadbook
- Luggage transportation
- Hotline service
- Ferry-boat transfers on day 2 (alltogether about 25 € per person, bike incl.)
- Local taxes (approx. 8 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
130 € single room
70 € season 2
100 € season 3
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
70/100 € in Mestre
from 90/150 € in Venice*
*on request 4th night of the tour in Venice instead of Mestre, with delivery of the bikes in Mestre.
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
60 € Touring bike
85 € Hybrid bike
125 € E-bike
60 € Child bike
120 € Family and Adult Tandems
Additional bike accessories on demand:
85 € child trailer
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
Free of charge: child seat and FollowMe-Tandem
70 € 3rd adult in room
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated on the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following table:
100% 0-2 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 3-6 years
30% 7-10 years
Day by Day
2. Mestre – Chioggia (35 km)
Leaving Mestre this morning, you will head into Venice pedalling on the 4 km bridge “della Libertà”, then to Tronchetto harbour. From here you will take a ferry along the Giudecca canal to Lido. This is the most exciting day, pedalling on the two narrow islands that divide the sea from the lagoon: Lido and Pellestrina.
3. Chioggia – Padua thermal district (55 km)
You will be pedalling along the river Bacchiglione, which carried trade in and out of Venice in this area centuries ago. Once at the foot of the Euganean Hills, you will have the chance to relax in a 4* spa resort in the largest European thermal district.
4. Padua thermal district – Mestre/Venice (55 km)
Along the cycle path of the Battaglia Canal you will pass through Padua, home to one of the oldest Italian (and European) universities and rich in art and history. From here, along the Piovego Canal, you will reach Stra and will follow the Brenta Canal, overlooked by the countryside villas of the ancient Venetian nobility (Villa Pisani, Villa Malcontenta, Villa Widmann) until you reach Mestre, Venice mainland. You can choose to overnight in Venice with a supplement.
Please note that in Venice (apart from Piazzale Roma and train station Santa Lucia) it is forbidden to cycle, and also to push your bike by hand.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 145 km
- Total vertical up: 0 m
- Terrain: 90% tarmac, 10% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: day 2
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 4
The itinerary is completely in the lowlands. You ride on secondary streets with low traffic or paved bike paths.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone. This tour is also suitable for children.
How to get there
Mestre is connected with the following airports:
Venice: 10 km, Treviso: 35 km, Verona 120 km, Bergamo 220 km.
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated 3/4* hotels.
The overnight in Padua thermal district will be in a 4* Wellness Hotel with swimming pools.
All rooms have en suite facilities and air conditioning.
On request 4th night of the tour in Venice instead of Mestre with bike return in Mestre.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- Hybrid bike 27-gear Shimano
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- mudguard (not for Hybrid)
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com (different model for Hybrid)
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent:
- Child bikes | 20” wheels | 24” wheels
- Child seat | max 22 kg | 1-5 yrs
- Child trailer | max 35 kg | 1-4 yrs | 1 seat | www.croozer.com
- Follow-me tandem for 20” child bike | max 30 kg | 6-8 yrs | www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Family tandem | 1 adult + 1 child 6-8 yrs
These accessories can only be mounted on unisex 27-gear Shimano Deore Touring bikes.
An insurance against theft and damage is included in the rental bike price. In cases of careless or improper behavior the insurance will not cover the costs.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
1 cycle computer
1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
1 water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
The Information Pack (one per room) includes:
- final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- luggage labels to be attached to each piece of luggage to be transported
- hotel vouchers to be handed in to the hotel reception upon arrival
Girolibero Greens booklets:
1) Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour.
Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
2) Detailed Maps of the itinerary: in colour and scaled 1:75.000/50.000, an altitude profile chart and maps of any historic city centres you will visit.
3) Roadbook describing the cycling route, stage by stage. Great on its own or in conjunction with the maps.
By your side
In Mestre you will meet our representative who:
- will illustrate the tour
- will deliver your bikes
- will be available (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
1 Client reviews
Online from 28 June 2017This was our first self guided bike tour with Girolibero.
It was ideal starting from Mestre as both on our arrival day & the day we finished, we were able to get the bus into Venice for the afternoon & evenings.
The bikes were well maintained & comfortable and were ideal for the terrain. The routes were well marked, mainly very little traffic & there was plenty time to stop off & enjoy the countryside. We only went wrong once - too much chatting!!
It was lovely cycling along rivers & canals with plenty wildlife to spot along the way.
All the hotels were very comfortable & offered a great buffet breakfast & we all enjoyed having the pool in Chioggia. The hill up to the hotel in Vicenza was a challenge at the end of the day but worth it for the fabulous views of the city.
Having our private water taxi to take us to the Lido ( due to transport strike ) was great fun & much better than arriving on the car ferry! We also managed a swim along the lido.
A great week cycling at home just won't be the same.