Euganean thermal district
Relax in the largest European thermal park
from 440 €
7 Days / 6 Nights, 4* hotel with swimming pool
Web code IT025
Season 1: 7.04 - 23.04 and 25.09 - 23.10.2021
Season 2: 24.04 - 14.05 and 6.09 - 24.09.2021
Season 3: 27.03 - 6.04 and 15.05 - 5.09.2021
Price per person
440 € in double room, 4* hotel with swimming pool
- 6 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Swimming pool entrance
- Wine and oil tasting in Arquà Petrarca
- Entrance to the Catajo Castle
- Entrance to the labyrinth garden of Villa Barbarigo
- Entrance to Villa dei Vescovi
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (about 10 €)
- Special treatments at the hotel Spa
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
200 € single room
80 € season 2
110 € season 3
160 € half board: 6 dinners (3-course meals), beverages not included
Extra nights on request
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
195 € E-bike
170 € Tandem
Additional bike accessories on demand:
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
50 € 3rd person in room
Day by Day
1. Galzignano Terme
Individual arrival at the hotel.
2. Arquà Petrarca (40 km)
A delightful itinerary through the Regional Park of the Euganean Hills and its wonderful sights. You will stop in the gardens of Villa Barbarigo in Valsanzibio, one of the most important examples of classical Italian garden (with a real labyrinth, too). Further on, you will visit Arquà Petrarca, medieval jewel where the poet Petrarca spent his last days. Here you will enjoy a tasting of local wine and oil. Finally, you will have the chance to pass through the medieval town of Monselice before cycling back to the hotel.
3. Padua (50 km)
Through country roads you will reach the magnificent Villa Emo Capodilista, now also a prestigious wine estate. Further on, following the Bacchiglione river you will arrive in Padua, where you will have the whole afternoon to discover its wonders, such as the Scrovegni Chapel, frescoed by Giotto, the Basilica of St. Anthony, the square Prato della Valle and the prestigious university founded in 1222.
4. Free day
Why not indulging today in your spa resort and enjoying one of the many thermal treatments? After all you are in the largest thermal park of Europe! Alternatively, you can book locally some guided visits of the surrounding towns, wine/oil tastings and a boat excursion, too (to be arranged on site). Another idea would be spending the day in Venice (45 minutes by train), but please don’t bring the bike with you!
5. Euganean Hills round tour (65 km)
Today you will follow the brand-new cycle path of the Euganean Hills, which encompasses the whole chain of the Euganean hills along 64 km, running among woods, abbeys and small towns such as Este and Battaglia Terme. Before cycling back to the hotel do not miss a visit of the Catajo Castle.
6. Villa dei Vescovi and Praglia (40 km)
An easy itinerary takes you to the majestic Villa dei Vescovi, designed in the 16th century, where you can admire the well-preserved frescoes and relax in the garden. The itinerary continues towards the celebrated Benedictine abbey in Praglia, founded in the 11th century and now a centre of excellence for the restoration of antique books.
7. Galzignano Terme
Departure after breakfast.
* According to the schedule of the wine/oil tasting, the sequence of the stages may be modified.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 195 km
- Total vertical up: 320 m
- Terrain: 85% tarmac, 15% unpaved
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 3
Four easy itineraries, all relatively level with some slight ups and downs. The routes are along safe cycle paths or roads with very little traffic.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone.
How to get there
Galzignano Terme is connected with the following airports:
Venice: 80 km, Treviso: 70 km, Verona: 100 km.
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com
Accommodation and meals
We have chosen for you a wonderful resort, surrounded by the natural park of the Euganean Hills, just a few kilometres from Padua.
GALZIGNANO TERME | Spa & Golf Resort | www.galzignano.it
- Hotel Sporting
- Hotel Splendid
4* hotels with inner restaurant, thermal pools, SPA, wellness centre, golf course and tennis club.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a rollaway.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list
- Hotel voucher to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- restaurant vouchers (if you have booked half-board)
You will receive the vouchers for wine/oil tasting and entrances to the monuments as per programme on the spot.
By your side
In the Final Tour Details you will find the contact phone numbers you can call during the tour in case of emergency.
The Girolibero team is always available for you at the office number during office hours.
8 Client reviews
Departure 26 October - 01 November 2019
Online from 06 November 2019Giri interessanti e piacevoli, adatti a tutti.
Departure 14-20 October 2019
Online from 31 October 2019In Arqua Petrarca müsste man genauer wissen, wie man zurück kommt!
Bei Fornasetta Richtung Bastia hilflos und keinerlei Zeichen!
Sehr nette und kompetente Reiseplanung via email! Danke Irene!
Departure 15-21 September 2019
Online from 26 September 2019Excellent , good food/drink very good value,
Very friendly Italians!
Departure 18-24 August 2019
Online from 29 August 2019Una bella vacanza!
Departure 12-18 May 2019
Online from 27 May 2019
Departure 05-11 July 2017
Online from 17 July 2017Percorsi pianeggianti, misto strada alzaie sterrate, meglio percorrerli in primavera o autunno. D'estate fa un po' troppo caldo.
Departure 20-26 August 2016
Online from 15 September 2016La vacanza é andata benissimo, sicuramente lo rifaremo, consiglio di avere un minimo di allenamento, munirsi di pazienza, spirito di sacrificio, e divertirsi.
Siamo rimasti soddisfatti.
Porgo distinti saluti
Angelo e Cristina
Departure 13-19 August 2016
Online from 09 September 2016Bella esperienza e molto divertente. Da ripetere!!