Palladian Villas and Prosecco vineyards
from 510 €
8 days / 7 nights, Cat. B
Web code IT003
SA, SU from Vicenza (Cat. A, B, A+)
TU, WE from Mestre (Cat. A, B)
From 21.03 to 24.10.2020
Special departures for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 21.03 - 24.04 and 3.10 - 24.10.2020
Season 2: 25.04 - 19.06 and 5.09 - 2.10.2020
Season 3: 20.06 - 4.09.2020
Price per person
510 € in double room, Cat. B: 3* hotels, with a cozy 2* hotel in Vicenza
620 € in double room, Cat. A: mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels
1290 € in double room, Cat. A+ (luxury): 4* and luxury hotels, including the night in a 3* hotel in Venice islands
- 7 nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing in English
- Travel Guide, Maps, Roadbook
- Luggage transportation
- Ticket for ferry transfer (on day 5, only for Cat. A/ A+, bike not included)
- Ice-cream in the best ice-cream parlour of Vicenza
Entrance to the gardens of Villa La Rotonda in Vicenza
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 10-15 €)
- Only for cat. B: ferry-boat transfers on day 5 (about 25 € per person, bike incl.)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “included”
Supplements per person
180/230/380 € single room (Cat. B/A/A+)
70 € season 2
120 € season 3
20 € overnight in Padua instead of Padua thermal district
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
45/75 € in Vicenza/Treviso, Cat. B
55/85 € in Vicenza/Treviso, Cat. A
55/85 € in Mestre, Cat. B
70/100 € in Mestre, Cat. A
from 90/150 € in Venice*
*on request night in Venice instead of Mestre (for departure from Mestre only possible as last night of the tour, with delivery of the bikes in Mestre).
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
85 € Touring bike
125 € Hybrid bike
195 € E-bike
85 € Child bike
170 € Family and Adult Tandems
Additional bike accessories on demand:
85 € child trailer
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
Free of charge: child seat and FollowMe-Tandem
120/150 € 3rd adult in room (Cat. B/A)
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated on the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following table:
100% 0-2 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 3-6 years
30% 7-10 years
Day by Day
Individual arrival. A nice and cosy city centre characterised by the buildings of the famous architect Andrea Palladio (16th century).
2. Vicenza – Bassano del Grappa (40 km)
From Vicenza you will cycle towards Marostica, famous for its castle and the chessboard on the main square. The last stop is Bassano del Grappa with its covered wooden bridge and the famous “grappa”.
3. Bassano del Grappa – Treviso (60 km)
You will enter Asolo, which represents the only real uphill section of this ride. The downhill run will take you to the land of Prosecco vineyards and on to Maser, until you reach Treviso, whose city centre is characterised by ancient waterways.
4. Treviso – Mestre/Venice (20/45 km)
Leaving Treviso behind you, you will follow the course of the River Sile up to Casale. At the end of the trip Venice will await you for an evening among canals and narrow streets. Standard accommodation is in Mestre, Venice mainland. With a supplement you can request to overnight directly in Venice.
We remind you that in Venice (apart from Piazzale Roma and train station Santa Lucia) it is forbidden to cycle, and also to push your bike by hand.
5. Mestre/Venice – Chioggia (35 km)
Leaving Mestre you will head into Venice pedalling on the 4 km bridge “della Libertà”, then to Tronchetto harbour. From here you will take a ferry along the canal Giudecca to Lido. This is the most exciting day, pedalling on the two narrow islands that divide the sea from the lagoon: the island of Lido, with the ancient hamlet of Malamocco, once capital of the Serenissima Republic, and the island of Pellestrina, with its long wild beaches.
6. Chioggia – Padua thermal district (55 km)
You will be pedalling along the river Bacchiglione, which carried trade in and out of Venice in this area centuries ago. Once at the foot of the Euganean Hills, you will have the chance to relax in a 4* spa resort in the largest European thermal district.
7. Padua thermal district – Vicenza (60 km)
Along the cycle path of the Battaglia Canal you will pass through Padua, home to one of the oldest Italian universities. Worth visiting are the great basilica dedicated to St. Anthony, the historic Caffè Pedrocchi and Prato della Valle, the biggest square in Italy.
The Bacchiglione River points the way out of the the city and you will reach Costozza, a little town at the foot of the Berici hills. The bike path passes in front of Villa Rotonda, the most famous of the Palladian villas.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 270/295 km
- Total vertical up: 540 m
- Terrain: 85% tarmac, 15% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: day 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 4 and 7.
The itinerary is completely in the low-lands except for the 1 km slope in Asolo. You will ride on secondary streets with low traffic and paved bike paths.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone. This tour is also suitable for children.
How to get there
Vicenza is connected with the following airports:
Verona: 60 km, Treviso: 70 km, Venice: 90 km, Bergamo: 165 km, Milan: 250 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
According to your category of choice you will be accommodated in:
- Cat. A+: only 4* and luxury hotels (night in Venice in a 3* hotel, instead of Mestre, is included)
- Cat. A: mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels
- Cat. B: 3* hotels, with a cozy 2* hotel in Vicenza
The overnight in Padua thermal district for both categories will be in a 4* Wellness Hotel with swimming pools.
All rooms have en suite facilities. All 3/4* hotels have air conditioning while in the category of 2/3* hotels there may be some cases of accommodation without air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed
- a family room could be converted into two double/twin rooms next to each other, according to availability
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- Hybrid bike 27-gear Shimano
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- mudguard (not for Hybrid)
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com (different model for Hybrid)
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent:
- Child bikes | 20” wheels | 24” wheels
- Child seat | max 22 kg | 1-5 yrs
- Child trailer | max 35 kg | 1-4 yrs | 1 seat | www.croozer.com
- Follow-me tandem for 20” child bike | max 30 kg | 6-8 yrs | www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Family tandem | 1 adult + 1 child 6-8 yrs
These accessories can only be mounted on unisex 27-gear Shimano Deore Touring bikes.
An insurance against theft and damage is included in the rental bike price. In cases of careless or improper behavior the insurance will not cover the costs.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
1 cycle computer
1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
1 water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets, suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
The Information Pack (one per room) includes:
- final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- luggage labels to be attached to each piece of luggage to be transported
- hotel vouchers to be handed in to the hotel reception upon arrival
- 24 hours ACTV ferry ticket only for the hotel category A and A+ (bike transport ticket not included)
- ice cream voucher: you can enjoy a free ice cream in one of Vicenza's most famous ice cream parlours
- voucher for a free entry to the gardens of Villa La Rotonda in Vicenza: valid on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays (not valid on Easter Sunday). On Wednesdays and Saturdays the entrance into the gardens is only possible if you visit also the Villa interiors, with a supplement of € 5, to be paid directly on the spot. The Villa is closed on Mondays.
Girolibero Greens booklets:
1) Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour.
Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
2) Detailed Maps of the itinerary: in colour and scaled 1:75.000/50.000, an altitude profile chart and maps of any historic city centres you will visit.
3) Roadbook describing the cycling route, stage by stage. Great on its own or in conjunction with the maps.
By your side
In the first town of the tour you will meet our representative who:
- will illustrate the tour
- will deliver your bikes
- will be available (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us as follows:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
4 Client reviews
Departure 02-09 October 2019
Online from 15 October 2019complessivamente un ottimo giro
Online from 09 October 2018We are just back from the Venice Lads (IT003). It was our family vacation with the 5 of us.
It was end of September-2018 very nice weather with blue sky every day. The trip was just wonderful: combination of agriculture landscape with small villages through the fields and rivers, old historical cities like Treviso, Mestre, Chioggia, Padova, Vicenza and Bassano del Grappa. The day of traveling with the ferry between the islands in front of Venice (Lido and Pellestrina) indeed was exciting with even more magnificent places and views.
I must say that although-out the hotels were comfortable with good breakfast, however, they all were very big hotels, we particularly liked the Casa San Raffaele hotel in Vicenza which was rather small with an old-times special character.
The roads are mostly bicycle trail, some are not paved. There were also rides on small roads abut all in all only very few points which we had to ride along busy traffic. Food and wine along the way, as expected, was terrific. We all like to thank Girolibero for a great holiday!
And thanks for the socks too!
Departure 15-22 September 2018
Online from 26 September 2018
Departure 09-16 July 2017
Online from 04 August 2017Buono