Venice Lands short break
From Vicenza to Venice
from 395 €
5 days / 4 nights, 3/4* hotels
Web code IT048
SA, SU from 23.03 to 26.10.2019
Special departures for at least 5 people.
Season 1: 23.03-19.04 and 30.09-26.10.2019
Season 2: 20.04-21.06 and 5.09-29.09.2019
Season 3: 22.06-4.09.2019
Price per person
395 € in double room, 3/4* hotels
- 4 nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing in English
- Travel Guide, Maps, Roadbook
- Luggage transportation
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 8 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
130 € single room
70 € season 2
100 € season 3
55 € Girolibero bike
120 € electro-bike
80 € child trailer
15 € helmet
Additional free accessories for children on demand:
- Child seat
- FollowMe-Tandem (to connect parent’s and child’s bikes)
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
from 55/85 € in Vicenza
65/90 € in Mestre
from 90/150 € in Venice*
*on request 4th night of the tour in Venice instead of Mestre, with delivery of the bikes in Mestre.
70€ 3rd adult in room
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated on the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following table:
100% 0-2 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 3-6 years
30% 7-10 years
Day by Day
Individual arrival. A nice and cosy city centre characterised by the buildings of the famous architect Andrea Palladio (16th century).
2. Vicenza – Bassano del Grappa (40 km)
From Vicenza you will cycle towards Marostica, famous for its castle and the chessboard on the main square. The last stop is Bassano del Grappa with its covered wooden bridge and the famous “grappa”.
3. Bassano del Grappa – Treviso (60 km)
You will enter Asolo, which represents the only real uphill section of this ride. The downhill run will take you to the land of Prosecco vineyards and on to Maser, until you reach Treviso, whose city centre is characterised by ancient waterways.
4. Treviso – Mestre/Venice (45 km)
Leaving Treviso behind you, you will follow the course of the River Sile up to Casale. At the end of the trip Venice will await you for an evening among canals and narrow streets. Standard accommodation is in Mestre, Venice mainland. With a supplement you can request to overnight directly in Venice.
We remind you that in Venice (apart from Piazzale Roma and train station Santa Lucia) it is forbidden to cycle, and also to push your bike by hand.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
Total length: 125/145 km
Total vertical up: 400 m
Terrain: 90% tarmac, 10% unpaved
Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 4.
The itinerary is completely in the low-lands except for the 1 km slope in Asolo. You ride on secondary streets with low traffic or paved bike paths. Easy cycling in mostly flat areas, with only few short climbs and descents. Little effort required, suitable for most people. This tour is also suitable for children.
How to get there
Vicenza is connected with the following airports:
Verona: 60 km, Treviso: 70 km, Venice: 90 km, Bergamo: 165 km, Milan: 250 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels.
On request 4th night of the tour in Venice instead of Mestre, with delivery of the bikes in Mestre.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a rollaway.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero’s City bikes are available in various sizes in unisex/women’s or men’s models. At the moment of booking, you can choose from the following bikes:
- City bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- City bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent children’s bikes and devices:
- Child seat: it is suitable for a maximum payload of 22 kg (0-4 yrs).
- Child trailer: with one seat and suitable for children who cannot ride a bike (0-4 yrs). The child trailer is designed for a maximum payload of 30 kg. More info on www.croozer.com.
- Follow-me tandem: a clever latch system enables the child's bike to lock firmly onto the tail of the adult bike as and when necessary (4-7 yrs). Adjustable only for the kids bike wheels size 20". The maximum weight of the child can be 27 kg. More info on www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Child bikes: bike frames with 20” and 24” wheels.
- Family tandem: this is an innovative solution for cycling with one child (aged 4-12).
Please note that child seats, child trailers and follow-me tandems can only be mounted on unisex City bikes 27-gear Shimano Deore.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
The Information Pack (one per room) includes:
- final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- luggage labels to be fixed at each piece of baggage, which has to be carried
- hotel vouchers to be given to the reception of each hotel on your arrival
Girolibero Greens booklets:
1) Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and natural treasures of the areas visited on the tour. Plus: local events, some great anecdotes, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
2) Detailed Maps of the itinerary: in colour and scaled 1:75.000/50.000, an altitude profile chart and maps of any historic city centres you would visit.
3) Roadbook describing the cycling route, stage by stage. Great on its own or in conjunction with the maps.
By your side
In Vicenza you will meet our representative who:
- will present you the tour
- will deliver you the bikes
- will be at your disposal (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details. We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us:
- office +39 0444 1278430 from Monday to Friday 8:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:30
- emergency phone number every day 8:00-20:00. The number will be specified in the Final Tour Details.
4 Client reviews
Departure 03-07 August 2019
Online from 12 August 2019The weather was good, the road was good and the cycling was great. Sometimes it was interesting to instruct the GPS to run where there is no road. Both paved and cobblestones were fun.
We want to come again!!!
Departure 20-24 April 2019
Online from 08 May 2019Bell'itinerario! La tappa più sorprendente è stata la scoperta di Vicenza, davvero meravigliosa e di Bassano del Grappa, graziosa e vivace
Departure 09-13 September 2018
Online from 25 September 2018Tour rilassante, percorso adatto a tutti, organizzazione efficiente e ottima assistenza
Departure 19-23 August 2017
Online from 30 August 2017Ci siamo divertiti molto senza avere nessuna preoccupazione organizzativa: buoni gli alberghi, indicazioni chiare e dettagliate del percorso, efficiente il trasporto bagagli. Le prime due tappe sono state più appassionanti della terza, che, dopo il primo tratto molto suggestivo, è risultata un po’ noiosa e con lunghi tratti di sterrato. Esperienza sicuramente da ripetere!