Venice Lands short break
From Vicenza to Venice
from 395 €
5 days / 4 nights, 3/4* hotels
Web code IT048
Season 1: 20.03 - 23.04 and 2.10 - 23.10.2021
Season 2: 24.04 - 18.06 and 6.09 - 1.10.2021
Season 3: 19.06 - 5.09.2021
Price per person
395 € in double room, 3/4* hotels
- 4 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast
- App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- Luggage transportation
- Hotline service
- Local taxes (approx. 8 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
130 € single room
70 € season 2
100 € season 3
Extra nights in double/single room with breakfast:
55/85 € in Vicenza
70/100 € in Mestre
from 90/150 € in Venice*
*on request 4th night of the tour in Venice instead of Mestre, with delivery of the bikes in Mestre.
Girolibero rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
60 € Touring bike
125 € E-bike
60 € Child bike
120 € Family and Adult Tandems
Additional bike accessories on demand:
85 € child trailer
15 € helmet (head circumference from 54 to 61 cm)
Free of charge: child seat and FollowMe-Tandem
70€ 3rd adult in room
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in room will be calculated on the basic price and seasons supplements according to the following table:
100% 0-2 years (baby cot to be paid on site)
50% 3-6 years
30% 7-10 years
Day by Day
Individual arrival. A nice and cosy city centre characterised by the buildings of the famous architect Andrea Palladio (16th century).
2. Vicenza – Bassano del Grappa (40 km)
From Vicenza you will cycle towards Marostica, famous for its castle and the chessboard on the main square. The last stop is Bassano del Grappa with its covered wooden bridge and the famous “grappa”.
3. Bassano del Grappa – Treviso (60 km)
You will enter Asolo, which represents the only real uphill section of this ride. The downhill run will take you to the land of Prosecco vineyards and on to Maser, until you reach Treviso, whose city centre is characterised by ancient waterways.
4. Treviso – Mestre/Venice (45 km)
Leaving Treviso behind you, you will follow the course of the River Sile up to Casale. At the end of the trip Venice will await you for an evening among canals and narrow streets. Standard accommodation is in Mestre, Venice mainland. With a supplement you can request to overnight directly in Venice.
We remind you that in Venice (apart from Piazzale Roma and train station Santa Lucia) it is forbidden to cycle, and also to push your bike by hand.
Departure after breakfast.
Due to organisational reasons, weather conditions or provisions issued by local authorities, the itinerary may be subject to some changes before and/or during your holiday. For example, along the way you may find temporary deviations caused by roadworks, which cannot be foreseen; in this case please follow the indications you will find on site.
- Total length: 125/145 km
- Total vertical up: 400 m
- Terrain: 90% tarmac, 10% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 4.
The itinerary is completely in the lowlands except for the 1 km slope in Asolo. You ride on secondary streets with low traffic or paved bike paths.
Leisure cycling in mostly flat areas, with only a few short ups and downs. Little effort required, suitable for everyone. This tour is also suitable for children.
How to get there
Vicenza is connected with the following airports:
Verona: 60 km, Treviso: 70 km, Venice: 90 km, Bergamo: 165 km, Milan: 250 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites.
You will be accommodated in 3/4* hotels.
On request 4th night of the tour in Venice instead of Mestre, with delivery of the bikes in Mestre.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
- double room is a room with one double bed
- twin room is a room with two single beds
- triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a sofa bed.
Bikes and accessories
Girolibero bikes are available in different sizes and frames:
- Touring bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
- Touring bike 7-gear Shimano Nexus with back-pedal brake
- E-bike 9-gear Shimano
- Tandem www.pedalpower.de
- aluminium frame
- rear rack
- comfort gel saddle www.selleroyal.com
- anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
- ergonomic bicycle grips
- Speed Lifter system
You can also rent:
- Child bikes | 20” wheels | 24” wheels
- Child seat | max 22 kg | 1-5 yrs
- Child trailer | max 35 kg | 1-4 yrs | 1 seat | www.croozer.com
- Follow-me tandem for 20” child bike | max 30 kg | 6-8 yrs | www.followmetandem.co.uk
- Family tandem | 1 adult + 1 child 6-8 yrs
These accessories can only be mounted on unisex 27-gear Shimano Deore Touring bikes.
All rented adult bikes are equipped with:
- 1 cycle computer
- 1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
- 1 front bar bag
- 1 water bottle (0.75 l)
- 1 repair kit per room: 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers
- 1 combination bike lock
At the moment of booking you can also rent helmets suitable for head circumferences from 54 to 61 cm. All our helmets have a certification mark according to the DIN EN 1078 (CE) European norm.
Before your arrival, you will receive an email from us with the digital information material. It contains:
1. Link to download the App including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks (you can use the App offline, too)
2. Link to download the tour information material in Pdf:
- Tour notes
- Final tour details
- Travel guide with valuable information about the history, artistic heritage, landscapes and places of interest of the areas you pass through during your tour. Plus: local events, fun facts, suggestions on how to make the best of an extended break along the route, and tips on local wining and dining.
3. Digital travel documents:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
- Hotel vouchers to show to the hotel reception upon arrival
- Luggage labels
By your side
In the Final Tour Details you will find the contact phone numbers you can call during the tour in case of emergency.
The Girolibero team is always available for you at the office number during office hours.
4 Client reviews
Departure 03-07 August 2019
Online from 12 August 2019The weather was good, the road was good and the cycling was great. Sometimes it was interesting to instruct the GPS to run where there is no road. Both paved and cobblestones were fun.
We want to come again!!!
Departure 20-24 April 2019
Online from 08 May 2019Bell'itinerario! La tappa più sorprendente è stata la scoperta di Vicenza, davvero meravigliosa e di Bassano del Grappa, graziosa e vivace
Departure 09-13 September 2018
Online from 25 September 2018Tour rilassante, percorso adatto a tutti, organizzazione efficiente e ottima assistenza
Departure 19-23 August 2017
Online from 30 August 2017Ci siamo divertiti molto senza avere nessuna preoccupazione organizzativa: buoni gli alberghi, indicazioni chiare e dettagliate del percorso, efficiente il trasporto bagagli. Le prime due tappe sono state più appassionanti della terza, che, dopo il primo tratto molto suggestivo, è risultata un po’ noiosa e con lunghi tratti di sterrato. Esperienza sicuramente da ripetere!